PM4 WD (Project Mayhem for WDTV) Theme

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :smiley:

@sfiedor1

“Play Button”  Issue Resolved   :smiley:

Download Link for PM4_WD_1.2.zip on Page (1)

Really great theme Joey but how do you get the service items images to display on the home screen like that though?

From Page 1:

* Home Screen uses “Linksheets” 1040x520 use *jpg or *png and remove the file extension and place into theme folder and re-zip

If you want an image to display from “Spotify” for example … download a Spotify image and resize it (as above)

save it as   Spotify.jpg

remove the file extension  eg.   Spotify

unzip the theme, copy Spotify into the root of the theme folder, rezip the theme at root level without compression (aka.store) then reupload the theme and you will see a backdrop for Spotify service

Thanks Joey

Don’t really know what I am doing so will probably leave it for now

Out of interest why do some have screens not others?

On mine I have videos, music,photos, files & weather, all have different home screens when I select each one

Out of interest why do some have screens not others?

Because there are over 100 Online Services, and i simply don’t have the time to search the internet, download, resize, rename all of them.

Also, there is a potential risk that the theme zip would exceed 30MB if i included the 100 + Online Service images.

30MB is the Maximum size allowed for a Theme.

On mine I have videos, music,photos, files & weather, all have different home screens when I select each one

That’s correct, i did inlcude some images for the “Main Catagories”

Here’s a peak inside the theme (red arrow is pointing out the “images”)

2 Likes

Thank you Joey, understand & see what you mean:manhappy:

Hey Joey

Have a quick question for you on this theme, so we bought two more of the latest WD players for two of our tv’s upstairs and I saw this theme and thought about putting it on one of them to try it out, so this theme I would just upload like normal… no homebrew firmware needed correct?

If so then does this theme use linksheets/moviesheets or are you just letting the unit go out and get the movie information using the “get content” option?

Thanks Jen :smiley:

Swenson wrote: so this theme I would just upload like normal… no homebrew firmware needed correct?

Correct

Swenson wrote: If so then does this theme use linksheets/moviesheets

No, it doesn’t use Linksheets / Moviesheets

Swenson wrote: or are you just letting the unit go out and get the movie information using the “get content” option?

Correct  :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Joey

I will try it out this afternoon!!! :slight_smile:

Joey,

Couple of things but before I start I just LOVE this theme, it looks the biz

However firstly the lip sync option is not availble with this theme, no biggy just noticed it yesterday

Other thing is & not sure if it this theme or the SMP but I have a portable hard drive attached to the rear usb & drop films off the PC onto the drive on a regular basis.

I have get content info selected as auto & presumed each new film would get this each time but it doesn’t

I have to either manually select to obtain this or reset the SMP

Is this correct, I mean should it be like this 

Whenever I remove the hard drive & add films then reconnect it gets content info automatically

Thanks

Lee

welly1962 wrote: However firstly the lip sync option is not availble with this theme

Yes it is.  Try scrolling down.   (the view is unfinished, which is why it looks untidy)

For all your other issues, a theme cannot cause that behaviour. (a ‘theme’ is a skin, it just changes the visual appearance … not the internal functions of the WDTV)

Whenever you have an “issue” with  your WDTV, always revert back to either of the WD Default themes… Grid or Mochi, that way, you can isolate whether it’s a ‘theme’ problem or a ‘WDTV’ problem.

Thanks Joey, will have a proper look later

regarding the get content issue am I right in thinking that it should grab the data automatically if set to auto once a movie has been added to the usb drive either by network or drag & drop or does the drive need to be removed each time?

The WD manual doesn’t make it clear

small update …

added the missing text icons for AOL.On and WD MyCloud app which were introduced into Firmware 1.02.17

Added a User requested Gallery View Modification ( download links on Page[1] )

Many thanks and kudos to Joey for his patience and assistance in getting the theme up and working in its moded form for me.

Hopefully, Joey may eventually find some time to finish the music views etc to round out this great theme.

in time, got a lot on my plate at the moment :neutral_face:

1 Like

hi Joey, Awesome theme mate.

Know you are busy but if you get a chance could you add the Welo Gallery view to this theme. I have tried but the main menu went awol and reverted back to mochi standard. Cheers

if you did a complete copy’n’paste … then that’s why the Main Menu went screwy

the xml file in question is  meta.xml  … don’t replace or modify that xml in PM4 WD

but, still, after that’s sorted … there is a lot of time required to modify the “welo gallery” to fit (aesthetically)  within the theme

time i don’t have unfortunately (due to health issues) :cry:

Joey

I am new member to the site as far as posting goes. I have and simply love this theme. I noticed in screen shot 4 where you have the 4 screen shots of the movie. Is this something that the smp will do? Before I was generating them through thumbgens. Is there a template for that look?

Thanks and it is a wonderful job you have done.

Bob

hello

this is a really cool theme i really wat to be able to use it on my hub.is there a home menu for the HUB yet

many thanks

Thanks, for this great theme. I’m trying to add the Flixster scores to the wide gallery page, but it’s not showing. I just changed rv_gallery_browse_page.xml, moved some of the text to the left in the Time/Genre line and copied the Flixster part from another page. The star character appears in the correct place, but nothing else does. Is there anything else I should do to make this work? Thanks!

My changes (first three lines were there, just changed x coordinates). The rest is added.

<text x="500" y="517" w="300" h="20" text="@@genre" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xaaaaaa" align="left" />
<text x="300" y="517" w="200" h="20" text="@@year" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xaaaaaa" align="left"/>
<text x="100" y="517" w="200" h="20" text="@@totaltime" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xaaaaaa" align="left"/>	

<wrapper w="24" h="22" x="800" y="517" scale="100">
 <text text="*" fontsize="18"/>
 <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_0" /> <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_1" /> <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_2" /> <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_3" /> <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_4" /> <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_5" /> <image image="@@flixster_critic_icon_6" />
</wrapper> 
<wrapper w="50" h="22" x="831" y="517" fontsize="18" align="left" textcolor="0xdddddd"> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_0" /> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_1" /> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_2" /> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_3" /> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_4" /> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_5" /> <text text="@@flixster_critic_score_6" />
</wrapper>  
<wrapper w="20" h="22" x="879" y="517" scale="100"> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_0" /> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_1" /> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_2" /> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_3" /> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_4" /> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_5" /> <image image="@@flixster_audience_icon_6" /> 
</wrapper> 
<wrapper w="50" h="22" x="907" y="517" fontsize="18" align="left" textcolor="0xdddddd"> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_0" /> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_1" /> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_2" /> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_3" /> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_4" /> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_5" /> <text text="@@flixster_audience_score_6" />
</wrapper>