PM4 WD (Project Mayhem for WDTV) Theme

Joey your work is so inspiring I actually picked up the newest WD player today just to try this theme.

Will give you my thoughts maybe later after I have fiddeled with it because I have forgot most things I knew about setting up the WD lol

@littleg68

Cool, Thank you :smiley:

If you have any questions feel free to PM me … also have some other things that i’m working on as well, which i will post when they are ready.

JoeySmyth,

Excuse for my English.

I followed your steps on the first page, but I still have no Home Screen.

When I installed the theme, it comes up with the Multimedia screen and i cannot go forward or backward.

I have a WDTV live SMP with version 2.02.32

What could be the problem?

Thank in advance for your suport

Jacob

Spikey24 wrote: When I installed the theme, it comes up with the Multimedia screen and i cannot go forward or backward.

I have no idea what you’re talking about … please provide more info

P.S. Remember the “Home Screen” is a Modification of WD Grid - UI … navigation on Home Screen is Up and Down

Joey,

I’m sorry that I was not clear enough. I tell you what i’ve done.

1. Downloaded the theme zip file

2. Install by using google chrome as browser

3. After finish uploading the theme, i restarted my WDTVlive SMP and this is the first screen that appears:

When I click on the Video button the next screen appears:

When I do the last steps of your ‘how to install’ from the first page I have this screen:

I think this is the Service screen. On this screen I can go up and down and setup button.

but no return, home, or other buttons.

I hope i’d explained things a little bit better and that you can help me.

Thanks.

Ok, i know what’s happening now …   PM4 WD Theme works as *intended*

When you upgraded to Firmware 2.0.2.32 … Western Digital introduced *another* built in Theme called " Grid"

The older WD theme is called " Mochi"

GRID.jpg

PM4 WD is a modification of the “Grid” Theme … as stated on Page(1) of my opening comments

PM4 WD - (A Non-Moviesheet “Grid UI” Modification Theme port of the Project Mayhem skin for XBMC)

Now, to use my theme … you must understand how to use " Grid" and what it does.

The Grid theme allows adding “Shortcuts” to Folders and Online Services.   ( Mochi theme does Not)

To add a Folder to the Home Screen … navigate to your Movie folder for example, then press the “OPTION” button on your Remote Control and select " Add Shortcut to Home Page"

To add a Service… press up   highlight “Services” Icon * browse for the Service you wish to add and as above press OPTION and add it to your homepage.

* Note: Services Icon is located Bottom Right in the PM4 theme

To Delete anything you don’t want on the Home Page press OPTION and select “Remove Shortcut”

In closing, practice … get familiar with how the Default (Grid) works and you’ll have a better understanding of how the PM4 WD Theme modication works.

P.S. Follow instructions properly next time (nowhere did i say, to Restart your SMP)

1. Downloaded the theme zip file

2. Install by using google chrome as browser

3. After finish uploading the theme, i restarted my WDTVlive SMP and this is the first screen that appears

Also, if you’re still stuck with how to work the Grid UI … type grid into the “Search Box” at the top of this page

1 Like

Hi Joey,

KUDOS and thanks for the theme :smiley:

I know you have answered this previously, but I am having trouble with the HomeScreen LinkSheets. I have successfully added pictures for the Facebook and Spotify services, but I can’t get the pics to show for ABC iView or Youtube.

I have looked in the apps folder and named the files as the appear in that folder, and also named them the same as the appear in the menu on the Home Screen. The image sizes are all the same (1040x520 which is the same size as the pre-existing pics for Video, AccuWeather etc). The file sizes are within the range also.

Any idea why the ABC iView and Youtube home screen pics are not showing? Is there a special naming convention that I havent tried?

Cheers

I have looked in the apps folder and named the files as the appear in that folder

The names in the apps folder are not the names the Linksheet uses…

Your Linksheets should be named (case and space’s sensitive)

ABC iview

YouTube Leanback         <--------- that’s the “new” youtube

YouTube                            <--------- that’s the “old” youtube

EDIT:  You will have to apply the Default (Grid) Theme … to get the proper text labels (as above & below) to name your Linksheet. 

1 Like

JoeySmyth wrote:

The names in the apps folder are not the names the Linksheet uses…

Your Linksheets should be named (case sensitive)

EDIT:  You will have to apply the Default (Grid) Theme … to get the proper text labels (as above & below) to name your Linksheet. 

You’re a champion Joey. I was sure I named the Linksheets like that. Dont know what happened, but it worked first time. Maybe I shouldnt stay up all night :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again.

no probs … thanks :smiley:

oops … i should have said  ( case & space’s sensitive )        i’ll edit the above post as well

Joey,

Thanks for your help. I’m up and running!

Great theme. Works very well.

Jacob

1 Like

Excellent Theme, but i did notice something.

Since updating to this theme the “play” button no longer responds.

Although this is a minor issue, with the WDTV grid theme pressing the play button instead of the ok button allows multiple episodes in a tv series to be played without stopping.

Not sure if this can be fixed.

Its a great theme even with this, Great Job!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :smiley:

@sfiedor1

“Play Button”  Issue Resolved   :smiley:

Download Link for PM4_WD_1.2.zip on Page (1)

Really great theme Joey but how do you get the service items images to display on the home screen like that though?

From Page 1:

* Home Screen uses “Linksheets” 1040x520 use *jpg or *png and remove the file extension and place into theme folder and re-zip

If you want an image to display from “Spotify” for example … download a Spotify image and resize it (as above)

save it as   Spotify.jpg

remove the file extension  eg.   Spotify

unzip the theme, copy Spotify into the root of the theme folder, rezip the theme at root level without compression (aka.store) then reupload the theme and you will see a backdrop for Spotify service

Thanks Joey

Don’t really know what I am doing so will probably leave it for now

Out of interest why do some have screens not others?

On mine I have videos, music,photos, files & weather, all have different home screens when I select each one

Out of interest why do some have screens not others?

Because there are over 100 Online Services, and i simply don’t have the time to search the internet, download, resize, rename all of them.

Also, there is a potential risk that the theme zip would exceed 30MB if i included the 100 + Online Service images.

30MB is the Maximum size allowed for a Theme.

On mine I have videos, music,photos, files & weather, all have different home screens when I select each one

That’s correct, i did inlcude some images for the “Main Catagories”

Here’s a peak inside the theme (red arrow is pointing out the “images”)

2 Likes

Thank you Joey, understand & see what you mean:manhappy:

Hey Joey

Have a quick question for you on this theme, so we bought two more of the latest WD players for two of our tv’s upstairs and I saw this theme and thought about putting it on one of them to try it out, so this theme I would just upload like normal… no homebrew firmware needed correct?

If so then does this theme use linksheets/moviesheets or are you just letting the unit go out and get the movie information using the “get content” option?

Thanks Jen :smiley:

Swenson wrote: so this theme I would just upload like normal… no homebrew firmware needed correct?

Correct

Swenson wrote: If so then does this theme use linksheets/moviesheets

No, it doesn’t use Linksheets / Moviesheets

Swenson wrote: or are you just letting the unit go out and get the movie information using the “get content” option?

Correct  :smiley:

1 Like