My wall mode layout

I’ve not got many that have more that 24, the most I have is 30, so the 2nd page doesn’t have a lot on it.

I will add some more files and try it out this week.

this look nice :]

sk1dmark wrote:

I’ve not got many that have more that 24, the most I have is 30, so the 2nd page doesn’t have a lot on it.

I will add some more files and try it out this week.

for me, it seems that it is the actual “page-change” that causes bugs, so a folder of 30 files should reveal the issue if you jump back and forth on the pages…

1 Like

I have notice that if your on the 1st row, you can move the cursor off the top of the screen. I guess its trying to hover over the 4 coloured buttons, that aren’t there anymore.

what part of the xml provides the text for the description of the move that to the left, i cannot find it anywhere, thank u, will this work for the rv_video_browse_page as far as the text wise or is that gallery only

BesT results so  far !!!

Great work man!!

mine’s wall mode is too messy. lol

I Guess it works find with normal hub metadata.

Once wd fix the bug in the latest firmware (folder metadata not working) . This could work fine with any custom wall templates!

sk1dmark wrote:

I have notice that if your on the 1st row, you can move the cursor off the top of the screen. I guess its trying to hover over the 4 coloured buttons, that aren’t there anymore.

To fix this in “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” delete the line " ", this will keep it from trying to find the Dashboard, Filter/Sort, etc. buttons.

1 Like

Thanks, will give a go tonight.

I’ve got a couple more tweaks I want to try anyway. Like adding a white line around each thumbnail to make then stand out a little.

Bradl79 wrote:

what part of the xml provides the text for the description of the move that to the left, i cannot find it anywhere, thank u, will this work for the rv_video_browse_page as far as the text wise or is that gallery only

Look for the variable @@browse_text , that one and the 3 that look after the metadata.

sk1dmark wrote:

Thanks, will give a go tonight.>  I’ve got a couple more tweaks I want to try anyway. Like adding a white line around each thumbnail to make then stand out a little> * * *

sk1dmark, I don’t want to be a mood killer here - especilly b/c I think this wall-mode looks great. But there are some major-bugs in this - not caused by your XML, but simply because it seems the HUB cannot handle this setup. I’ve been messing around with it for some time now, trying to fix it - no luck. I’m not saying it cannot be done - just that the Lord and apparently the WD HUB works in mysterious ways sometimes :) 

Before getting to fixated around all the little graphical details, I would advice you to try and get the basic working 100%. I’m saying this because it might not even be possible and you’d have to discard the whole thing, having spent hours and hours on it. (believe me, done this several times now :slight_smile:

I would be happy to help if possible and test stuff out - I would really like to see this setup working!! 

Will this work with movies being in their own inndividual folders or do they have to be all in the same folder together?

Added some more movies tonight to get the count above 24 and there is a bug when changing to 2nd screen, part of the screen moves before the rest.

It is cured by a reboot however, and works until you change modes again.

Its not a major issue for me, as I rarely have more than 24 movies per folder.

Seems the bug I had with part of the screen lagging behind was to do with what part of the screen is designed to scroll.

So have had to rearrange the thumbnails using only the scrolling part and text in the non scrolling part.

^ Hope that makes sense, I’m knackered tonight :frowning:

Not sure about the 3 rows of 10, I want to try 3 rows of 9 tomorrow :slight_smile:

PS. the films without thumbnails are just empty files to use as padding for the test.

sk1dmark wrote:

Seems the bug I had with part of the screen lagging behind was to do with what part of the screen is designed to scroll.

I agree - think this is the problem. Your new setup will probably solve it…

zballz wrote:

I’ve done a similar (almost identical) setup now. Looks good, but very buggy unfortunately. I’ve set mine up, so that you can scroll up/down to go up-down the wall. Going down is pretty smooth, but going up is slow and gets really buggy. How have you set yours up regarding navigation?

heres what I’ve done :

<listbox valkey=“browselist” move=“row” cols=“6” rows=“4” lbmask=“LR” loop_scroll=“6” _trigger=“10” turbo_multi=“10” autoenter=“1” fixed_scrolling_col=“6” hormove=“0” />

Please read my post about the hormove=“0” being buggy. A WD mod is showing interest in this, and I think it would help if others could confirm what have written there.

WhackTag wrote:

zballz wrote:

I’ve done a similar (almost identical) setup now. Looks good, but very buggy unfortunately. I’ve set mine up, so that you can scroll up/down to go up-down the wall. Going down is pretty smooth, but going up is slow and gets really buggy. How have you set yours up regarding navigation?

heres what I’ve done :

<listbox valkey=“browselist” move=“row” cols=“6” rows=“4” lbmask=“LR” loop_scroll=“6” _trigger=“10” turbo_multi=“10” autoenter=“1” fixed_scrolling_col=“6” hormove=“0” />

Please read my post about the hormove=“0” being buggy. A WD mod is showing interest in this, and I think it would help if others could confirm what have written there.

done :slight_smile:

My final design, happy with its looks now. Might go back and look at the other design if they fix the issue with it. This one however works fine :slight_smile: I will upload the file tomorrow if anyone wants a copy

I would love a copy.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I’m doing a similar modification but with the large video browse file. Everything looks cool but there is one little problem. Would you be so kind to check out my thread and see if you can help me out?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/Need-some-help-with-this-Legacy-modification/td-p/140636

BTW the view you’re making looks great. I’m looking forward to test the file on my hub.

Thanks for your time.

id like to try it out too!