Moviesheets for Newbie with Firmware 3.03.13 WD Tv Live Hub Media Center - PLEASE HELP

There is just so much different info out there, from having to change firmware to creating dummy files and only using certain themes.

It’s quite simple.  I have the latest firmware downloaded on my WD TV Live Hub as of Mar 4, 2012

I have a general grasp of ThumbGen (1.2.9.1)  I keep finding outdated info.  Is there anywhere I can get a step by step instruction on how to install a moviesheet?  Right down to what theme to use and what view?

I have been trying all weekend and I am sure there are others in the same boat.  Please help a newbie out - would be eternally grateful

The use of dummy files is the old way of doing things and is no longer suggested as a way to use moviesheets.

You can follow the directions HERE.  This is for my theme, but the basic setup for Thumbgen is the same for most themes.

Also, there isn’t really any theme yet designed to work completely with the newest firmware, however I think DeVicious’s theme is pretty close to working with the newest.

Please excuse my complete ignorance.

I have no issue creating Moviesheets using TG.

What I am completely confused on is how to actually view them in my WD TV Live Hub.  When I open the folder, it shows the movie file and separate thumbnail for the Moviesheet I created.  It does not however properly display the moviesheet.

Any help is appreciated.  Should I be downgrading the firmware to be able to see the Moviesheet?  How many files am I supposed to have for each movie?

I have the following in the folder:

Bull Durham>

Bull Durham.avi

folder.jpg

Bull Durham.xml

Bull Durham.avi_sheet.jpg

Bull Durham.avi_sheet.avi

I have not changed any Themes on my WD TV Live Hub and as stated am using the most current firmware.   I thought viewing the Moviesheet would be as simple as opening the folder - clearly I need some serious help.  All the tutorials out there seem to be for how to use Thumbgens; I think I have that aspect down, now I’m just completely lost on how to actually view in my media player.

Please help!

I know as stupid as this sounds, but I did not change the theme when trying to display the moviesheet.  From what I can see, I need the appropriate Firmware to the corresponding theme and it’s moviesheet - I was doing only 1 out of the 3.  There are tutorials on how to downgrade the firmware for any other newbie that had the same issue - hope I can help relieve the headache I had for someone else. 

I will give it a go today.

Yeah. You have to remember WD only have a basic theme, and if you try and add other Themes moviesheets or one you make yourself, because the windows, sizes etc are setup a certain way, then slapping a moviesheet in just does not work.

The reason the Old pros stick with old firmwares is the graphics look a lot better. WD broke? PNG files which give nice looks. The Themers could make a theme in the same way they have for the other firmwares, but it will look like **bleep**, as a few Themers have demonstrated in trials.