Movie sheet help

Ok I spent 3 hours today creating movies sheets to get done and I fine that the movies across the bottom are now the same as the moviesheet. I think I can give a clear picture of what I am doing so hoppefully I can get the best help.

First I will lay out my structure I have a NAS with 6 hrad drives all of my movie files which are iso is located on the root of the drives I have no folders.

Using Thumbgen I created a structure like this:

Generate: I have Thunmbnail, Movie information, and Main moviesheet checked

Input/output naming I have this: Thumbnail $M$N   .jpg

Movie info export $M$N  .xml export using wdlive hub format

Main moviesheet  $M$N$E_sheet  .jpg

Now the problem I asm having is that at the bottom where the movie thumbs should be I get the movie sheet Both The Thumb .jpg and the main movie sheet .jpg are the same. It seems to be pulling data from the thumbnail .jpg if I delete this one I have no information if I keep it I have Ait in bot places at the bottom and as a wallpapper all the movie information is there along with the coverbox. Almost seems like the theme is backwards I am using megapack 3.0 for the theme.

What can I do to correct this? Thanks for the help

Terry

Just as I expected I tried deleting the sheet .jpg which is the movie sheet and it still works So it possibly something to do with having all my movies not in folders which I do not want to put them in folders hopefully there is a solution. BTW his is in Gallery view

whats the full name of the exact theme you have loaded? and which template are you using? Theme loaded on the hub and the template generated in ThumbGen are 2 different things,

And im asking for clarification as Extreme Digital has released Megapacks for both. and neither would be specific enough as they are mega packs because there are mulitple versions within.

Hello tm224,

perhaps a screenshot would help explain the issue…

you are indeed right my themes work better if your movies are in individual folders…

the reason for this is that in other to save the thumbnail at the bottom and the moviesheet at the top you have to have a dummy file… the main_movie.jpg and dummy_movie.jpg

I hope that makes sense…

You can still just create the main_movie.jpg as your moviesheet, BUT you will not have a good thumbail at the bottom to browse the files…

Perhaps you can try my experimental wide theme ? which may solve your issue…try downloading the sample folder as well to see different ways of creating the moviesheets and the associated effect on the Hub

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/ExtremeMix-Wide-Sheet-3-0-Moviesheet-Theme/td-p/163148

Also dont forget to clear your library and rescan when you make changes on external drives…

Right now I am using extremix standard 3.0 the problem seems to hold with all themes of 3.0 I have tried jmods also it is the same. I am using the default template in thumbgen I tweeked it a bit and made iit very simple. all I have there is the coverbox to the left and the movie infor to the right with actors and such and a pic in the background file size under 200kb no video or audio stuff. Last night afterwards I did go in and generated athumbnail of the coverbox and what that did was pull the thumb into the movies across the bottom but also put it in the middle of the screen as a thumb and no movie info or what I would call the background that I am trying to achieve at all. It seems to only be pulling information of my movie.jpg and completely ignores my movie.iso_sheet.jpg. Before when that movie.jpg was basically a pic of the sheet I generated I had that as a thumb and I did have it in the background real nice. In List mode it was ok and that was what I checked before I went and did about 60 of them. with the only exeption the list went through the cover box on the left but it displayed the background including the movie info like I wanted but like I said I soon realized that the movie.jpg was a copy of that as so was the movie.iso_sheet.jpg they were the same pics. When I deleted the sheet.jpg there was no difference so it is soly pulling its information of that movie.jpg however I have it. I will try and take pics a bit later as I am anxious to get this taken care Ive had the thing a week and want to close it out I thought I had it but not so thanks for the reply. It is better for me to understand how it works than to follow files and names I read a couple posts and left out a dummyfile cause they said all that was is a backup files in case you hit the get info button. I do have media library on and I hardd boot everytime but I do not clear the library because I am seeing changes when I make them like when I generated a thumb from the movie.jpg last night

Well I cannot seems to upload pics they load but I cannot select the insert image they are well below 300kb

08 Seconds.iso-------------------------------------> The movie

08 Seconds.iso_moviesheet.jpg--------------->This is the moviesheet generated by thumbgen default template used

08 Seconds.jpg------------------------------------->this is the thumbnail created by the coverbox

08 Seconds.xml------------------------------------> This is created by thumbgen as create movie info is checked

Hope that calrifies

Hi tm224,

try to have a look at my tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alJK-dpBrNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbkWtoA7GSI

tm224 wrote:

Well I cannot seems to upload pics they load but I cannot select the insert image they are well below 300kb

08 Seconds.iso-------------------------------------> The movie

08 Seconds.iso_moviesheet.jpg--------------->This is the moviesheet generated by thumbgen default template used

08 Seconds.jpg------------------------------------->this is the thumbnail created by the coverbox

08 Seconds.xml------------------------------------> This is created by thumbgen as create movie info is checked

Hope that calrifies

what you need is just a dummy file  and a respective xml

08 Seconds.iso_moviesheet.iso  -->dummyfile

08 Seconds.iso_moviesheet.iso.xml

I personally dont use the dummysheet.

I have my TG setup as

Extrathumbnail       $M\folder      .jpg

MovieInfoExport      $M$N           .xml … export using hub format

Main Movie Sheet   $M$N           .jpg

Movies                                           [folder]

— The Warrior’s Way                  [folder]

----------The Warrior’s Way.avi    [movie]

----------The Warrior’s Way.jpg   [Moviesheet]

----------The Warrior’s Way.xml  [Info]

----------Folder.jpg                        [coverart]

— Faster                                       [folder]

----------faster.2010.avi                [movie]

----------faster.2010.jpg               [Moviesheet]

----------faster.2010.xml              [Info]

----------Folder.jpg                        [coverart]

See I think that is where the problem lies I am not using folders all my movies are in the root however depending on the way the sheet works it should display ok, something is not triggering the movie.iso_sheet jpg its all taking whatever I have on my movie.jpg  and displaying both on the icons across botom and the page or wall behind that. So For me to have a folder.jpg that would not be necessary that is for the coverart to be on the folder. I have looked at those tutorials and di exactley like it and it still displays whatever in in the movie.jpg and nothing else

I have not done a dummyfile or a structure like that for my xml it is just like movie.xml I will try the one you had down do I put that in the input/poutput setting where you put export using the hub?

Sorry to post so much but Do I add those to files to what I already have or do I sunstitute the.xml for the one I have only I get the dummy file even though I am a bit confused at why I need it I was told it was for a backup if I clicked get info from the hub options. So if I truly don’t need the dummy exept for that reason I would be ok not doing that one but if I need it to get to where I want to be then I will do it

Terry