Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

Txstarman wrote:> Only guessing but here goes.

I am guessing that when the WDTV has done a scan of your files it has seen the background sheets as covers.  Therefore when it shows a ‘cover’ it actually shows a thumbnail of the background sheets.  The WDTV has remembered and scanned the thumbnail into its own files.

If this is the case you have to ‘unlearn’ the WDTV and get it to rescan the folders again and this time pick up the correct cover file.

I hope you have Show Hidden Files ticked on your PC because WD hides these files and folders.  If you are unable to ‘see’ hidden files and folders Google “Show Hidden Files” and tick/untick the appropriate button.  The option is in control Panel, Folder Options, and under the tab “View”.  Click on “Show hidden files, folders and drives”. And then click on Apply.

Go to the ‘offending’ movie file folders and delete the .wd_tv folder from each folder.  You can also delete the wd.tv folder you should see when you first open where the files are stored.

Some people may say this is overkill.

Now turn your WDTV SMP completely off.  Remove the power lead and let it sit for a minute or so.

Plug the power back in again and let your media player reload.  It will reload more quickly if you have Media Library turned off.

Check to see if the Media Player now sees the previously offending files correctly.

As I said at the start, this ‘may’ work.

What I have suggested cannot do any harm to your media player.  It is just getting it to rescan and completely ‘refresh’ its own files.