Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

Hi

Just a quick question about the theme, i’ve got it working on my smp wdtv live, but with just the normal background not the glossy/glass feel you have, last night i went through the complete movie folder erasing all data except for the mkv file, so now i have all movies without any info/metafile/jpeg, starting from scratch. when i load up thembgen i did the instructions you said to the letter i process that film and all the screens you say in the tutorial are there, but i am havin g trouble putting over the thumnail to the movie sheet and also the info will not go over either. If i preview i get the glass 2 background with desired backart and in spare i get the glassy looking dvd/blueray box, but the thumb or info will not up date, i looked back at the import export settings and they look fine also the pull down box stating store links to movies is also correct. Can anyone help? is it i am doing something wrong i feel im so close to it.

Hi Tinwarble,

I love your work and your tutorial is really easy to follow.

But i came across a problem.

I have a wd tv live and your theme is installed and i ran the thumbgen (followed the tutorial for this)

Now, when i want to look at my movies, the sheet is showing as the cover and i do not have any glossy backgrounds?

I already searched the forum here, but i cannot find any solution.

Can you help me?

Thx

Germ

Sounds like you are generating the cover and sheet backwards.  If the sheet is showing up as the cover, then it is named wrong.

Cover should be “your_movie_name.jpg” and the sheet should be generated as “your_movie_name_ sheet.jpg” and if you look in the xml (your_movie_name.xml) you should see "your_movie_name_ sheet.jpg, and if you have multiple 's the one with the _sheet name should be first.

Re-read the tutorial and make sure you have the sheet and cover being generated correctly.

Im seeing the same thing one sheet loads and a few seconds later a second one  comes up blurring it all–did you get this resolved and if so how?

Where is the xml file?

I am using Thumbgen v. 1.2.10.0

When I go to MS I can complete the sheet but ONLY in the DEFAULT Thumbgen–I click on the down arrow but Mojo does not appear. The MOJO folder is in the TG template folder.

Right now when I go the DWtv streaming media player v. 1.14.09  I go to videos and I can go to the screen that shows individual boxcovers and when I click on them I get a screen with movie info and boxcover, BUT a few seconds later ANOHTER, screen comes in behind the first making whats on the screen unreadable.  I have gone to SETUP–PHOTO SETTINGS–IN PHOTO SETTINGS SELECTED "SLIDESHOW TRANSITION AND SET IT TO “FADE”, THEN SELECTED “SLIDESHOW INTERVAL” AND SET THE TIME FOR 5 MIN.

I dont know what else to do—how can I delete on of them? Or what needs to be fine tuned.

Txstarman wrote:

I am using Thumbgen v. 1.2.10.0

This is an extremely old version of ThumbGen.  The current version is 1.3.4.0  If you go to the ThumbGen website you can download 1.3.2.0  After you install it click on the “File” tab and select “Check For Updates”.  This should then download and install 1.3.4.0

Make sure you have loaded and installed the latest Mojo Theme movie sheets ‘Mojo Glass Moviesheet 1 Download (Updated 11-23-12)’ (or Moviesheet 2) from page 1 of this thread.  You install the latest moviesheets into ThumbGen “Templates” folder. Also ensure you have downloaded and setup using the updated Tutorial pdf also available from page 1 of this thread.

Update your ThumbGen, set it up exactly as the updated Tutorial suggests and hopefully all will work fine.

Mine does!

When I generate a Moviesheet I get the Mojo ms2 glass but it only has the backdrop and rating and sounds icons, there is NO movie data. The picture looks just like the one Charger 186 posted on p.41.

Option settings:

General: Items checked–thumbnail, movie information,main movie sheet, extra MS, main extra MS metadata

Moviesheets: Processing properties (these were already checked) items numbers 2,3,4,6,7

Current movie templates:Main-Mojo glass sheet 2, Extra:TW No cover box SMP 194x369, Spare: Mojo glass

sheet 2

Movie Info:  Store links to movie sheets(the current settings for movie sheets will be used)

Input/Output: Thumbnail $M$N_cover–jpg   Extra thumbnail  $M\folder  Movie import  $M$N  .nfo  Move export:  $M$N

xml  Exporting usingWDTV live hub format  Main Movie sheet:  $M$N_sheet  Extra Movie sheet: $M$N

Spare MS: $M$N_sheet  png

Export Images: Cover/Poster the first 3 are checked(export cover to  $M$N_cover  Background the first 3 are checked

(export image to $M$N_fanart

Import Images: autoselect existing:$M$N__cover.jpg  auto select exiisting: $M$N_fanart.jpg

HELP why cant I get movie info to come out on my MS using MOJO glass sheet 2?

MY second problem is the same that Yzerman 319 had with 2 pages coming up when your in the media player itself and blurring all the material–like the picture on p.46. I did the fade, 5min routine and it did not work.  Yzerman or anyone how was this fixed?  Step by step please.

Txstarman wrote:

When I generate a Moviesheet I get the Mojo ms2 glass but it only has the backdrop and rating and sounds icons, there is NO movie data. The picture looks just like the one Charger 186 posted on p.41.

Option settings:

General: Items checked–thumbnail, movie information,main movie sheet, extra MS, main extra MS metadata

These settings in the link below work OK for me.  They are for  creating movie sheets for TV Series which is a little different (but not much) from the settings for Movies.

I have already noted one difference from my settings to yours in your settings for “General”

You will find .jpg files of my settings here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tregajvd15phnas

Let us know how you get on

First of all thank you Tomfam for your responses to my previous questions.  On page 46 Yzerman 319 was having a problem with movie sheets being generated for thumnails and was told he should  be using coverbox template for thumbnails. I have about 10 moives that display the moviesheet instead of the boxcover just like Yzerman–How do you correct the situation ?  With all due respect you can read the guide over and over and if your not tech savy it wont do you any good. 10 movies out of 97 how do i correct the 10?  Please someone give me a step by step of how to do it.  Thank you for your help.

Txstarman wrote:> Only guessing but here goes.

I am guessing that when the WDTV has done a scan of your files it has seen the background sheets as covers.  Therefore when it shows a ‘cover’ it actually shows a thumbnail of the background sheets.  The WDTV has remembered and scanned the thumbnail into its own files.

If this is the case you have to ‘unlearn’ the WDTV and get it to rescan the folders again and this time pick up the correct cover file.

I hope you have Show Hidden Files ticked on your PC because WD hides these files and folders.  If you are unable to ‘see’ hidden files and folders Google “Show Hidden Files” and tick/untick the appropriate button.  The option is in control Panel, Folder Options, and under the tab “View”.  Click on “Show hidden files, folders and drives”. And then click on Apply.

Go to the ‘offending’ movie file folders and delete the .wd_tv folder from each folder.  You can also delete the wd.tv folder you should see when you first open where the files are stored.

Some people may say this is overkill.

Now turn your WDTV SMP completely off.  Remove the power lead and let it sit for a minute or so.

Plug the power back in again and let your media player reload.  It will reload more quickly if you have Media Library turned off.

Check to see if the Media Player now sees the previously offending files correctly.

As I said at the start, this ‘may’ work.

What I have suggested cannot do any harm to your media player.  It is just getting it to rescan and completely ‘refresh’ its own files.

How do you get music data sheets and art?  Thumbgen is used for movies but whats used for music?

I have something called Music Final zip but have no clue what to do with it.  If Thumbgen is used how do you configure it?

My mojo, is showing the box picture as a backdrop.

Dead.Mine.2012.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY_sheet.jpg Dead.Mine.2012.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.jpg Dead.Mine.2012.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY_sheet2.jpg

I have reading the forum for a solution and if i´m not wrong, I need to increase the transition delay or take it out manually.

I´m right ?

Hi Tinwarble,

I have been using Mojo since I got my SMP but one thing has always bothered me a bit. The thumbnails on the TV always look pixelated. You can see an example here from Anchorman http://i.imgur.com/py8ApcU.jpg  Look at “Rons” collar and the faces. The rest of the screen looks clear and sharp, onyl the thumbnails are pixelated. When I look in the folder itself this is the metathumb (and cover)  file…  http://i.imgur.com/0ngJkYB.jpg

Is it possible to increase the resolution of the thumbnails so they look clear? Thanks for all your work!

B

Large image resolutions get over-compressed (this is due to caching … which is firmware related)  

Resize the poster image … eg. i use 300x450

(the larger you go, … the more pixelated and slower the navigation … the smaller you go, the more fuzzy but faster navigation will be.  You have to find a “balance” between the two.)

Morning everyone,

noobie making amess of things here!

I wonder if someone can give me a hand?!

Everything is working fine bar the background images aren’t showing for any of my films!

I’ve checked that the sheet file is being generated: i.e 3.10 To Yuma_sheet.jpg

here a copy paste of my xml fle:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

- false 3:10 to Yuma 3:10 to Yuma 2007 In Arizona in the late 1800’s, infamous outlaw Ben Wade and his vicious gang of thieves and murderers have plagued the Southern Railroad. When Wade is captured, Civil War veteran Dan Evans, struggling to survive on his drought-plagued ranch, volunteers to deliver him alive to the “3:10 to Yuma”, a train that will take the killer to trial. 3.10 To Yuma.avi Time waits for one man. 76 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I7QQcXokY 7.8 http://www.310toyumathefilm.com/ tt0381849 07.09.2007 Rated R for violence and some language - Russell Crowe Christian Bale Logan Lerman Dallas Roberts Peter Fonda Gretchen Mol Ben Foster Alan Tudyk Vinessa Shaw Lennie Loftin Rio Alexander Pat Ricotti Shawn Howell Johnny Whitworth Kevin Durand - Action Adventure Suspense Thriller Western - James Mangold 122 R - Lionsgate Tree Line Films Relativity Media Yuma - United States of America - 3.10 To Yuma_sheet.jpg 3.10 To Yuma.jpg - - Resolution_480p 480P - Format_Mpeg mpeg4 - - - Unknown Unknown 25.000 16:9 624x352 DivX 5 693 Kbps 831 Kbps MP3 2 128 Kbps 7043 117 1h 57m 731648244 697.75 MB AVI English en English en

on the acutal player itself, the background is black.

any help wouldd be most appreciated. 

thanks in advance!

For starters … Incorrect XML format    (see below for the correct setting)

Also, with the correct XML format the links also need to be included.

Re-Read the Instructions/Guide that Tinwarble has provided  (more carefully )

1 Like

JoeySmyth wrote:

For starters … Incorrect XML format    (see below for the correct setting)

Also, with the correct XML format the links also need to be included.

Re-Read the Instructions/Guide that Tinwarble has provided  (more carefully )

:smiley:

Thank you for the heads up!

Problem solved

Ok new problem.

I’ve got Mojo and the movie sheets working and looking wonderful! However, the movies/TV Shows themsleves don’t seem to play anymore. When I select to play the file, the disc image appears and then nothing.

Any suggestions?