Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

macman wrote:

I found the file in the Mojo/Images folder. Look for “welcome_logo.png”.  I used Photoshop (or any image editing software) to crop off “WDTV Live Hub”  and replaced it with “WDTV LIve SMP”. I replaced the original with the modified file before zipping and installed on SMP.

My welcome logo doesn’t show the “WDTV Live Hub” only the Icon, so I presumed there is another file somewhere to alter.

Cheers

thomfam wrote:

I too use Thumbgen and have found the WDTV SMP doesn’t always pick up changes I have made to certain jpg files.  I have overcome this by 1. restarting the WDTV SMP from cold, ie removing the power lead, let it sit for 30 seconds and then reconnect the power lead. 2. If that doesn’t work I delete the WDTV folder from the drive and again restart from cold.

I just delete the relevant cached thumb image/s from the .WDTV directory.  No need to restart

> * * *

I found the file in the Mojo/Images folder. Look for “welcome_logo.png”.  I used Photoshop (or any image editing software) to crop off “WDTV Live Hub”  and replaced it with “WDTV LIve SMP”. I replaced the original with the modified file before zipping and installed on SMP.

My welcome logo doesn’t show the “WDTV Live Hub” only the Icon, so I presumed there is another file somewhere to alter.

Cheers

The “WDTV Live Hub” writing is in the “welcome_logo.png” it is just very hard to see when opening in an imaging editor because of the white color. I used Photoshop and placed the image on top of a black layer to edit the writing.

This image has been downsized for posting.

edit…  forum doesnt seem to like posting from the ipad

Edit :  Changing the source with the red button from Media Server to Network Samba seemed to fix the problem! 

Now I am able to see the moviesheet background.  It is still not displaying the cover box thumbnail at all though.  All I see is a generic film reel icon, even though the background and XML meta data is showing up.  I am using the “TW No Cover Box” in the spare sheet tab, and it’s properly generating an image, but it’s not showing up on my WDTV.

Thanks for the edit.  MIne seems to be working now as well  I still have a lot of learning to do on getting this all to work right.

Wazzey, your post confuses me.

Did you fix it or not?

What firmware you running?

If you are on 1.04 the thumbnail cover art will not be visible when you convert from .png to .jpg. It will be a generic film reel.

If on 1.06 I think it shows both .jpg and .png cover art thumbs.

I’m going to guess you never got the thumbnail transparency to work.  Is there anyone using the SMP/Mojo that has?

Well I had everything working well as far as the metadata goes until I switched to NFS from Samba. Anyone have any ideas why NFS wouldn’t display the metadata?

Thanks,

Has anybody tried yet to create one of http:/Lstar337s Split-Sheet-v3.0-TV-Sheets

and got it working on a WD TV Live (Gen3) with Mojo?

I have tried it several hours but i think i don’t understand thumbgen :frowning:

Im at the same stage as most other owners everything working but the thumbnail is cut off and the transparency is not working. Any idea when there will be a fix for this, its great whats been done so far just needs finishing off so SMP owners get the same view as hub owners. 

Tinwarble??

@brnwbasti

I like Lstar’s moviesheets too, but I have not attempted to get them working for the SMP. They were not designed for the SMP - therefore there would probably be a lot of compatibility issues. But I suggest taking a look at this thread for more info.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/MochiSheet-Theme-tested-on-firmware-3-01-19/td-p/327387

Thumbgen is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. 

Thumbgen Tutorial  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Video-Tutorials-nOOb-Centeral/td-p/283846

@syedali

I doubt there’s ever going to be a fix for .png files. Apparently .png has been broken for quite a while.

There’s a lot of information floating around about this issue. HUB owners have to do a FW rollback to get .png files to work. SMP users simply cannot use proper .png’s at all.

Show your support here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/PNG-s-do-not-display-correctly-for-files-folder-thumbnails/idi-p/268062

The more people that voice their concerns over this issue the higher probability that it will get fixed, so spread the word, otherwise forget it.

1 Like

I hope I have the correct viewpoint on this but I seem to have Thumbgen working OK.  However I always add 2 other files of my own, folder.jpg and MovieTitle.jpg (where MovieTitle is the actual name of the movie, eg The Help.jpg).  Both these files are 120 x 180.

Then I run Thumbgen.  The Thumbgen HowTo says to put a tick next to “Spare Movie Sheet” and set it as .png.  I have deslected this.  I will use the movie “The Help” as an example. 

I finish up with a folder with 7 files:

The Help.avi

folder,jpg

The Help.jpg

The Help.avi.tgmd

The Help.avi_sheet.jpg

The Help.xml

The Help_cover.jpg

This seems to work OK for me.

If necessary I get into the .xml sheet and  and over write the with Crime/Drama  This then fills the Genre heading on the movie sheet.

Sometimes I have to update the “Overview” with info I have copy pasted from either IMDB or Wikipedia.

Whatever works for you I suppose, but .JPG’s look distorted on the HUB and SMP.

There’s a reason most of the theme developers use .PNG

It’s unfortunate WD had to break it in a firmware update. 

All of you guys reading this thread really need to start showing some support here or this isn’t going to get fixed.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/PNG-s-do-not-display-correctly-for-files-folder-thumbnails/idi-p/268062

It’s disgusting that Tinwarble went to that much trouble documenting and explaining this issue and only 2 others bothered to post their support on the issue. So click and speak!

@syedali

Regarding your post - If you’ve only had the SMP for 4 days I’d say return it for the HUB if $100 more isn’t going to break your bank. That’s what I would have done had I know I was screwed with terrible quality cover art and an inability to utilize themes to improve my situation.

1 Like

I am currently using Mojo for the SMP. I am really love this theme. Still I’ve got question… I have an old WD TV Live for which I made a kinds of moviesheets. Is it possible to delete/hide the XML information and headings in the video gallery view. If so, I can use my old sheets I made for the WD TV LIVE. Thanks in advance.  

Hi, That what I have done. this link may help

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Default-Theme-Files/td-p/321917

Basically by removing all the txt info fields and large icon top right hand side

You are just left with the movie icons at the bottom. Edit the xml file to show your moviesheet locally, or replace your moviesheet for backdrop1 in the cache folder for the movie. Then set the photo slide show timer for longer time than the default.

I’ve tried to alter Mojo for the SMP. My system directly crashed. I am really a NOOB at this. Is it possible that i can download your ZIP file from anywhere? Otherwise is it possible to sent me an email with your zip file?

I wanted to post again and see if anyone has the thumbnails working with an NFS share? It works perfectly using a Samba share but doesn’t when connecting via NFS. I am using the latest firmware and the Mojo theme. Both shares are pointing to the same folder.

Hi,

I’ve been using Mojo now for a few weeks and really like it but is there is a small thing I was wondering if I could get around. 

When I’m looking at TV Shows and using the view where you get two rows of the shows (not sure what view that is) but when I enter a show directory I see all the icons for the shows but there really isn’t any way to tell what episode number is what. I’ve taken to manually editing files to get it to show in the title but really I was wondering if there was a way to overlay a graphic of a number on the image so you can look quickly to see what episode number is what. I’m not sure if this is even possible and it also seems like the order is newest to the left and oldest to the right so if I’m watching in order and I have several episodes to catch up on I have to scroll all the way to the right to find the earliest episode. Is there a way to change that ordering? 

Thanks for the great theme!

In the xml file for each episode you can edit  the title i.e Band of Brothers : Episode 1, …:Episode 2, etc and they will appear in order. You can also put an episode number on each metathumb file icon if you wish.

Cheers

Yeah I’ve been manually editing the episode numbers into the title but i’m trying to Automate as much of this as possible also with it only being in the title it only shows up once you select that show. I’d like a quicker visual representation of the episode number.  I will need to look at some other options.

Thanks

You can use these cover boxes for your TV shows:

Download from HERE.

1 Like