Mojo Menu Add-on

Tinwarble wrote:

And I agree, I don’t know why they set a low limit for themes.  I guess they thought it was enough to load their themes so it should be good enough.:stuck_out_tongue: 

It’s probably due to flash memory limitations.  Since they have to be stored onboard instead of the internal HD, they have a space budget they have to watch…

That might be, as I’m not sure about the SMP, but I do know that the HUB has 2GB of NAND flash.

Right, but on the Hub, the theme is stored on the HD, not flash, right?

Oh, and by the way, that’s 2GigaBITS of flash, not 2 GigaBYTES.   :slight_smile:  

it’s 2GB arrange 256MB x 8 bit.

Yeah, your right (didn’t lift my finger off Shift for “B”).  My point however was the flash size of the SMP is unknown. Or at least I haven’t seen any data for it.

Thanks, its great to have a dialogue with you, off topic, cant they take a leaf out of wdlxtv, and allow the themes to be stored on a usb drive, the themes you and others create really make this little device, even if i fthink its lame having to press the red button to bring up network shares, 

Btw, what made me buy thie SMP, was i had the SMP osd running on my moded  live… loved it so much, I bought one… ! LOL

Tinwarble…any news on this add on? the one in message 4. looks great!

Tinwarble wrote:

Yeah the hubgen is good if you just want to scrape the data, but if you want something that looks more personal you need thumbgen.

And I agree, I don’t know why they set a low limit for themes.  I guess they thought it was enough to load their themes so it should be good enough.:stuck_out_tongue:  It does press me to get the theme down to that limit.

If I have some free time I’ll try to  get a version of Mojo up with this version of the main menu by this weekend.

If you want to try yourself though, you can free up some space by deleting the animated icons since they aren’t used with this menu anyway. They will be the images in the “images” folder and will be the one’s like:

video_icon_000.png, video_icon_001.png, video_icon_002.png, etc.  

Pretty much any of the icons with the “XXX” numbers in them and they are all 320X117.

Hi Tinwarble, I have downloaded the add-on, unzipped & copied files to Mojo (BRILLIANT theme by the way), deleted icons to reduce file, currently 28mb, re zipped it. But when I try to load it on SMP it tells me “invalid file”.

I’ve tried different options but no luck. Any ideas!

Cheers 

ritaben wrote:

Tinwarble wrote:

Yeah the hubgen is good if you just want to scrape the data, but if you want something that looks more personal you need thumbgen.

And I agree, I don’t know why they set a low limit for themes.  I guess they thought it was enough to load their themes so it should be good enough.:stuck_out_tongue:  It does press me to get the theme down to that limit.

If I have some free time I’ll try to  get a version of Mojo up with this version of the main menu by this weekend.

If you want to try yourself though, you can free up some space by deleting the animated icons since they aren’t used with this menu anyway. They will be the images in the “images” folder and will be the one’s like:

video_icon_000.png, video_icon_001.png, video_icon_002.png, etc.  

Pretty much any of the icons with the “XXX” numbers in them and they are all 320X117.

Hi Tinwarble, I have downloaded the add-on, unzipped & copied files to Mojo (BRILLIANT theme by the way), deleted icons to reduce file, currently 28mb, re zipped it. But when I try to load it on SMP it tells me “invalid file”.

I’ve tried different options but no luck. Any ideas!

Cheers 

Update, I found the solution on another of your theads. It mentioned ‘root’ level and that is what I hadn’t done.

Rezipped files all o.k now

Cheers

Hi

I have the SMP, if possable to help me and i am sure others, would it be possable to Deposit the .zip file you made some where. So others could download. Since yours is now working, it would save others making errors. 

Would be much appiciated if you could.

Thanks

Hey TW can you tell me how to get rid of the icon that tells you that you have video files in a folder its the greyscale icon that is a folder with a movie reel inside it and it sits in the lower right hand side of the video folder. It annoys me and I would love to get rid of it

tony0204 wrote:

Hi

I have the SMP, if possable to help me and i am sure others, would it be possable to Deposit the .zip file you made some where. So others could download. Since yours is now working, it would save others making errors. 

Would be much appiciated if you could.

Thanks

My revised Mojo theme now has Tinwarbles music view addon as well as the menu addon, and instead of deleting icons as suggested I deleted folders that I don’t use i.e facebook, youtube etc to get zip file to correct size.

If somebody can tell me (in plain english because I’ m not to good on the net) how to upload my zip file, I certainly will.

Cheers

Thanks ritaben

Have not uplioaded files either, but from what i can see http://hotfile.com/ gives a free upload service - just click on the upload tab and browse to the file on you pc. They then give you a link that you can post here for others to use, to download.

If that does not work i will investigate further, or may be more experianced people might like to advise.

Thanks again.

TM24 wrote:

Friday

Hey TW can you tell me how to get rid of the icon that tells you that you have video files in a folder its the greyscale icon that is a folder with a movie reel inside it and it sits in the lower right hand side of the video folder. It annoys me and I would love to get rid of it

People ask this a dozen times:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Removing-little-default-green-folder-icon-on-folder-view-on-Live/m-p/337645#M16958

Look on the last page for TW’s response.

Beachbumm wrote:

Tinwarble…any news on this add on? the one in message 4. looks great!

Not yet.  I’ve been really busy the last month or so, so I haven’t had a lot of time to work on ANY themes.  The other menu option has been put on hold for a while though until I can get some other things done.  I’m trying to get more things on Darklight done before I do anything else, but I will get back to this at some point.

tony0204 wrote:

Thanks ritaben

Have not uplioaded files either, but from what i can see http://hotfile.com/ gives a free upload service - just click on the upload tab and browse to the file on you pc. They then give you a link that you can post here for others to use, to download.

If that does not work i will investigate further, or may be more experianced people might like to advise.

Thanks again.

Here is hotfile link to Tinwarbles Mojo theme with Menu addon & Music view

http://hotfile.com/dl/143429604/c37a8cb/Mojo_Menu_Music2.zip.htm

Don’t forget to thank Tinwarble

Can someone explain what Music View is? 

Thanks

-Pearl 

ritaben wrote:

Here is hotfile link to Tinwarbles Mojo theme with Menu addon & Music view

http://hotfile.com/dl/143429604/c37a8cb/Mojo_Menu_Music2.zip.htm

Don’t forget to thank Tinwarble

It’s where you select “MUSIC” from the Main Menu and then you can see your music.:smileyvery-happy:

Is there something more specific you want to know?

Hah! I mean how does it differ from your mojo 1.12.01 that I am already using, and happily I might add. Just a facelift or some other functionality?

-P

EDIT: Okay I installed and see the diff. No more flaming guitar, album cover moved to the other side fo the screen etc.

Thanks for uploading file, I have downoaded it succesfully, will try out tonight.