MochiSheet cache trick report - tested on 3.01.19 firmware

UPDATE 24/01/2012

It’s really clear now, but I’ve have to fix issue for folder thumbnail (sometime, cover for folder was replace by back. It’s not really unpleasant, but more a lack of esthetics… It can be fix manually, it’s gonna be in Tutorial Part 2 NEW)

Inside package you have :

• 2 batch file that you must place inside your Drive (at the root or in a folder Util)
  • MochiSheet + Preload Thumb.rar must be extract into .wd_tv\theme
  • Media.rar must be extract into the root of your LiveHub if you change Media name, be sure to edit your batch file to replace set MFolder= by the new value. (must begin by \ and may not have \ at end)
  • ThumbGen - MochiSheet Template.rar must be extract inside your Thumbgen folder
  • ThumbGen Generate Sheet.pdf is a remember to not loose your head during Thumbgen process (this theme have 5 profile to generate)

BEWARE: Have structured media folder like I just finished thumbgen processs (the 5 profiles) and I’m not in charge of missing XML and JPG due of some function of batch file… Follow step and everything gonna be alright (but for advanced user you have tool to clean your test folder and backup your .tgmd)… For maximum test… install Media Test Folder, go in Folder mode and browse only in Media Test Folder. ***NEW

Installation kit at MochiSheet Theme post

Installation video tutorial at Youtube

Youtube Erratum

Recipe (Need update)

• Load PreloadThumb Themes
  • Be sure Media Library is ON
  • Start LiveVidLoader.bat
    1. Trunc JPG
    1. Delete SQL
    1. Clear Cache
    1. Load Cover
    1. Exit
  • Setup/System/Device Restart
  • Wait
  • Clear Media Library
  • Now you have to preview all your thumb (Video/Choose browse page, you gonna see a set of 3 thumb. Begin by filter->all and make all page by “NEXT PAGE”. After choose filter->Folder browse all your folder to be sure that thumb in cache was generate)
  • Media Library : OFF
  • Start LiveVidLoader.bat
    1. UnLoad Cover
    1. Load Backdrop
    1. Exit
  • Turn off your LiveHub
  • With Explorer… Erease all file into .\miocrawler_cache (must be made manually, i forget in batch file)
  • Turn on your LiveHub
  • Load MochiSheet Themes
  • Media Library : ON
  • Enjoy!

This Trick USE

• @@poster
  • @@broswe_X_thumbnail
  • Display was faster… dont need to look inside xml and backdrop can appear anywhere!!!
  • no more @@preview_rect_image was use.

Waiting your comment…

1 Like

Version 4 In progress

With the new tool, if I can backup thumb cache correctly and restore it without problem. The natural next step, gonna be to generate directly thumb cache with ThumbGen. No more PreloadThumb step to make.

UPDATE 25/01/2012

Wonderfull, you can backup your thumb, flushing all and restoring without any problem (except folder… I’m work on).

That’s mean two thing

• You can generate directly with ThumbGen and new version 1.0.29 support hidden folder beginning by a dot (ex .wd_tv)
  • You can now have different style of cover for every page in your theme (like reflect in browse page and DVDCase cover in preview page)

Next mission

Configurate ThumbGen and remove PreloadThumb from the process. Cool a specific thumbgen template for a specific theme (really user friendly).

Test to perform before continue… (everyone was welcome)

• Oki, The first method was, in resume, flush all, load thumb, preview all thumb, load cover, reboot… I do that because I didn’t understand now why I replace or edit a file in thumb folder it’s automaticly change to be update
  1. Maybe the size of file that I put inside thumb was bigger that original size (it’s look like 3-4kb for cover and 65k for backdrop
  2. Maybe when i change file it’s change checksum too and force auto-refresh (does system support more that 65kb… I mean does system is file size based or checksum based… because if you put bigger file and you have right checksum it’s “can be” work if it’s really checksum based)
  3. Maybe we must do all with Media Library OFF and turn ON only after
  • What I try to discover it’s a way to copy all in thumb folder… it’s gonna remove all PreloadTheme procedure.
  • I discover too, if your thumb are really well set… you can delete all JPG and XML inside your Media Folder… it’s gonna change anything for your thumb if you rescan your media library… but for title display, cause XML missing, it’s gonna show title.avi and not title in XML.
  • Next test, I will try to generate all thumb (with correct size) and back up thumb folder… I will flush all thumb folder, and SQL DB (wdtv.cas2) and try to restore it… it’s is really file based system (3-kb vs 65kb)… I’m gonna change my program more oriented… Take file… resize following theme preference and place back into thumb… clean media after to assure to update only the new one at the next “thumbbuilder”

To be next before continue test to perform

• Create video tutorial for folder and image issue fix.

J’y connais rien du tout mais c’est prometteur :']

OK finally what is the complete procedure to receive a view that you have? Software to make is not a problem but i need the complete procedure!

Updated report was integred into Header file…

Well i was watch the sequence but what about if you add new movie? Do you have to regenerate all?!

Cool,

For the moment, I’ve to finish my Theme (to be sure that thumb gonna be generate in the good size for the present skin) I will also merge the MochiSheet post and this post (but I own a motel and it’s winter time, that mean renovation… new floor, paint, wood furniture and etc…) But, what I’m gonna make it’s a new section in the header post to inform which test I made to perform easier installing solution (everyone was welcome).  I intentionally take the two first post to update  everyday my progress… Look Test to perform section…

have a nice day

wow, you really have developed something.

Could you post a video, so that we can have a clear picture of how the moviesheet is displayed on the live hub and also

so that we can understand better how your method works?

Hi Fleuve,

You seem to be maybe onto something… as to what exactly, I am unsure…?

Nevertheless you seem to have put alot of effort into your program and theme!! So well done.

Can I ask if anyone out there has actually tried this out and if so, could they perhaps post their findings? It may also considerably help explain the whole methodology in a more understandable fashion? Thanks.

Please note that I fully understand Fleuve’s language barrier so I absolutely do not intend to be disrespectful.  

@architectonic

It’s take 3hrs to make batch file, 1 day to understand Bullent Screen Recorder and 1 day to make video tutorial… Unfortunately, I miss structure when I make tutorial… need another approach and standard to create my next tutorial.

Next part gonna be faster.

Well seems good tutorial but i have 2 questions:

1. If you att later new movie in some folders do you have to regenerate all the thumbs (do all the procedures shown in the youtube)?

2. After hub reboot with media library ON all thumba are reverted to backdrop image or not?

Ok!

@DimitarCC

1. After installing all it’s supposed that you turn OFF Cover and Backdrop (Folder issue fix and clean up folder gonna be in part 2 of tutorial). That’s mean that new movie doesn’t affect old and you must rebegin everything for only your new movie (for new movie: start at 2:20 on youtube and skip all cleaning phase for THUMB) The cleaning phase it’s to be sure that everything gonna be alright when you change your theme to mochisheet

2. Oki the program is a little lazy… if THUMB specific size was not present in thumb folder and image was placed in media… the program gonna take image in media folder… it’s folder fix issues… remove specific size in thumb, reload image or backdrop (depend which one you need fix) and reboot.

Today I’m full at motel but at once that I’ve finish to clean room, I’m gonna update tool to add this following function

1. make function 3 only for movie image     

2. make function 4 only for movie image

3. add function to load cover for folder only

4. add function to load backdrop for folder only

5. add tgmd backup from other batchfile

6. add function backup thumb specific size

7. add function restore thumb specific size

8. add function remove thumb specific size

later

Oh if you want make test… install media folder… always skip thumb cleaning… and if you won’t scrap the rest of your thumb, put you in folder mode and browse ONLY the media folder… (it’s gonna leave last install alone)

@DimitarCC

Oh… Once all was in cache to can rescan your media library anytime

MochiSheet Util Version 3 is now active

Don’t Forget to read the 2 next post after head post… I Update regularly.

Well i was test that trick and it seems to work but fairly slow i guess! Compared to default theme is maybe 5 times moer slow due to the fact that @@poster is very large jpg. Seems the hub cant deal with so large jpgs in then poster variable.

Is same to you? Can you make a demo from the hub (in youtube) that show the spead of chainging and navigating in the movie gallery?

btw seems @@poster pull the picture from the HDD. Means that variable does not look at the cache.

I am curious cant you use @@broswe_X_thumbnail also for displaying the backdrop? I mean if you just define it 2 times in the theme you can use it selected state to show the backdrop there! If you use @@broswe_X_thumbnail it will be in the cache so it will load fater. Right or i am wrong?

UPDATE 25/01/2012

Wonderfull, you can backup your thumb, flushing all and restoring without any problem (except folder… I’m work on).

That’s mean two thing

• You can generate directly with ThumbGen and new version 1.0.29 support hidden folder beginning by a dot (ex .wd_tv)
  • You can now have different style of cover for every page in your theme (like reflect in browse page and DVDCase cover in preview page)

@ DimitarCC

I’m gonna respond you soon two explain which mode is slow and why.

Mouahahaha… Thanksm for your advice… the first version was made with @@browse_X_thumbnail… but I scrap my first theme… After that I’ve rebeginning, I found this weird that interface was slowly… but never take care because thinking that @@poster making job… I’m gonna also regarding everywhere…

Thanks…

P.S. It’s was it happend when you have the face everywhere…

Well what mean? With @@browse_X_thumbnail is more faster? Did you able to make it only with @@browse_X_thumbnail?