MoJo: ThumbGen XML Generation Problem (missing overview/date)

OK getting no where with this one fast.  I’m been using the Mojo theme for some time, and using ThumbGen 1.3 for the file generation without any issues.

The last couple of days when I generate the files using TG, the XML file generated seems to be missing sections with all new files.  Specifically what I’ve noticed is that the date and overview sections are missing (example below).  Both Overview and Year were populated in all my other XML files.  To the best of my knowledge none of my settings have changed and the information appears all appears to be there within thumbgen before files are generated for each movie.

Any ideas?

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
<details>
  <title></title>
  <originaltitle>Sinister</originaltitle>
  <overview></overview>
  <year></year>
  <plot>Found footage helps a true-crime novelist realize how and why a family was murdered in his new home, though his discoveries put his entire family in the path of a supernatural entity.</plot>
  <runtime>110</runtime>
  <trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuliaUKm9oo</trailer>
  <rating>7.0</rating>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <imdb_id>tt1922777</imdb_id>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <genre>Horror</genre>
  <actor>
    <name>Ethan Hawke</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Vincent D’Onofrio</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>James Ransone</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Fred Dalton Thompson</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Clare Foley</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Juliet Rylance</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Cameron Ocasio</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Michael Hall D’Addario</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Victoria Leigh</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Blake Mizrahi</name>
  </actor>
  <director>Scott Derrickson</director>
  <studio>Automatik Entertainment / Blumhouse Productions</studio>
  <backdrop>Sinister (2012)_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>Sinister (2012).jpg</backdrop>
  <url cache=“tmdb-.xml” function=“GetTMDBThumbsById” />
  <prevtitle>Sinister (2012).avi</prevtitle>
  <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

Worked fine for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  Sinister   Sinister   Found footage helps a true-crime novelist realize how and why a family was murdered in his new home, though his discoveries put his entire family in the path of a supernatural entity.   2012-10-12   Found footage helps a true-crime novelist realize how and why a family was murdered in his new home, though his discoveries put his entire family in the path of a supernatural entity.   110   [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuliaUKm9oo](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuliaUKm9oo)   7.0   R   tt1922777   R   Horror       Ethan Hawke         Vincent D'Onofrio         James Ransone         Fred Dalton Thompson         Clare Foley         Juliet Rylance         Cameron Ocasio         Michael Hall D'Addario         Victoria Leigh         Blake Mizrahi     Scott Derrickson   Automatik Entertainment / Blumhouse Productions   Sinister\_sheet.jpg   Sinister.jpg   Sinister.avi\_sheet.jpg     Sinister.avi   N/A

Would be hard to say what your issue is since it can’t be duplicated.

1 Like

confirm in TG options: General tab

Custom Date Format is set to: “yyyy-MM-dd” exactly as shown inside the quotes.

If you are manually adding the dates in the movie information in TG, you need to click the green check mark below that section to embed the change.

1 Like

Yeah the date format is correct.  Even if it wasn’t correct though TG should still generate the XML file properly, it would just have data in the wrong format for the WDTV, and wouldn’t display correctly.  The other issue I noticed is when TG was searching for online metadata (I’m using themoviedb.org) it was searching using the folder name as the keywords, rather than the file name.  I had to manually edit the keywords each time to get the data. 

Anyway with all that insanity going on I completely wiped out the TG install and started again reconfiguring the settings manually.  Everything is working once again.  Thanks to the storing of the metadata, regenerating the messed up XML files is no big deal at all!  Thanks guys for the quick responce - and while I have your attention.

(I know I wasn’t supposed to ask but) - When will CoCo be released!?  ;)