Media Device Pics

hey all,

has anyone figured out how to place a pic for different media devices?

I have Hub connected to MBLD and an external drive…is their somewhere in the root or theme folder i can assign a custom pic for each device…ex. when i goto i have the same pic for Internal,external,MBLD,and flash drive or whatever else is in the loop on any given day…not a problem for me to navigate ,but for a stranger to sit and try to goto each differnt source it might be a tad confusing.Was wondering if for example i could to photos of each device and then place them into the Hub for easier navigation for someone else besides me.Thank you for reading this post and hope sombody has solved this prob…btw using new black mamba theme if that makes a difference

B

Drive icons can not be changed as far as i know. Only on Network drives ( NAS ) a folder.jpg is supported to show as Drive icon …

Drive Icons can be changed.

2 Considerations

1. You have to implement them via themeing

2. Will work in every view except Gallery View

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Main-Folder-Thumbnail/td-p/538325

Icons can be changed as long as you are using a theme you cannot change them if you are usung the defualt Mochi theme. I am not theme smart so what I did was go in and find the matching icon that I wanted to change and replaced it with one I wanted. It is tricky cause sometimes you will have many of the same pictures as they are needed for the different screen views. I know I am doing it the long hard way but at least it saved me from bugging the themers. hope this helps and if you need more clarification on where to find these folders that contain the pictures let me know

tm224 wrote:

Icons can be changed as long as you are using a theme you cannot change them if you are usung the defualt Mochi theme. I am not theme smart so what I did was go in and find the matching icon that I wanted to change and replaced it with one I wanted. It is tricky cause sometimes you will have many of the same pictures as they are needed for the different screen views. I know I am doing it the long hard way but at least it saved me from bugging the themers. hope this helps and if you need more clarification on where to find these folders that contain the pictures let me know

How did you do it and does it work in gallery view?