Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

+++++++++++++++++++++++     WEEKLY Build added   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- This is experimental build 4.2 beta THEME Only. It can and will change at a whim. No support and No promises

– Change Log Weekly Build B7 – HERE

• - Code and graphics clean up a little
  • - All Front Menus changed (got sick of Iron Man and Ms Perry)

welcome_logo.png

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Otherwise use the links below for the non experimental build 

Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet Theme SMP)

Watchmen.jpg

folder.jpg

Game of Thrones.S01E01.Winter is Coming.jpg

small.jpg 

Theme Download here Link (send to SMP via Browser – Chrome)

Folders Genre Jpegs here  Link (copy into folder for Movie Genre)   Consolidated Genre Folders

Some addition Folder Genre (from Page 4). Find them here: http://db.tt/eqlGarw0

More Genre Thumbs here: http://db.tt/VYGGPxCj

Note: The above 2 ZIPs are included in the main Link Genre above (now)

Thumbgen Bundle here Link (Install in Thumbgen via “Manage Bundles” icon on main menu)

Try this basic Guide -   HERE

– Change Log Beta 3 – 

• Theme Clean up including Graphics, Text and Icon changes
    • Changed Layouts of theme (too many to list)
    • Updated Thumbgen Templates and Profiles (Movies and TV Series) - Now in Thumbgen Bundle
  • - Changed Main Background

More pics - Link

Once again this is a port of other talented programmers/artists and most of this theme is borrowed from their hard work, so a big thanks to DeVicious, Tinwarble, Joey Smith, surrealpro (all theme stuff), extremedigital and LStar (moviesheet templates) and apologies to any I have missed.

Remember this is a Beta and please message me any bugs that you find.

Cheers LB

19 Likes

Nice theme. Will try it.

BTW: will I be able to use my OWN background or will the background not be able to be changed??

Hi Blackbeard1970

I’m not sure of which background you mean. This is a MOVIESHEET theme. It is not like the LEGACY theme where you can change the background of the MENU’s under SETTINGS. Those themes use XML code to place the VIDEO Text/Graphics Box, MUSIC Text/Graphics etc over a background. This theme uses a PNG file without the need of any custom XML code.

But, if you want to change the menu backgrounds, then you are free to change via changing the applicable PNG files found under the theme\images directory.

If you are talking about the Moviesheet background then you have to generate your own Moviesheets via THUMBGEN.

Cheers LB

Hi LB, Just an update,all going good, put it through it’s paces this afternoon, no faults at all, in fact found it fast in response times.
Did do one folder of movie’s using the new movie sheets, and I have to say they look a lot better, the darker background highlights the text better. So now have done all the folder and more than happy with the results.:smileyvery-happy:
I recommend anyone using this Theme and changing to the LB’s movie sheets, to remove the old movie sheets first. 
LB, thanks again for a great theme, recommend it to anyone thinking of using it.
Dave.

looks really cool and modern compared with the others. well done chap really makes a change

from old fashioned tv and camcorder pictures etc :slight_smile:

The theme looks abolutely stunning!

However I have never got any theme to work properly and need some help…:flushed:

1. Should I have the media library off or on?

2. Library off: It seems that the generated movie pictures are named “movie name.IFO_sheet.jpg” and “movie name.jpg” and since “movie name.IFO_sheet.jpg” comes alfabetically before “movie name.jpg” the IFO one is used as “box”.

Edit: have changed the ThumbGen Input/Output naming; removed $E so now I get “movie name_sheet.jpg” which comes alfabetically after “movie name.jpg” so now see correct box…

1. It seems that the .xml-file is not used at all, I don’t see the text being displayed (and hence also don’t see the backdrop “movie name_sheet.jpg” being used…

Please help, :flushed:

Erwin

1. Should I have the media library off or on? - I have it set to “ON” - Extract below is straight from the user manual

Media Library scans and consolidates the media contents of the internal hard drive, USB drive, and network drives into a database through which you can easily locate media files. This feature is set to on by default.
The following conditions will prevent the Media Library from processing your media.

LB

thanks for your answers but they had no effect.

1. I reset my WD Live to back factory settings

2. I used the tumbgen profile from the original post

3. I set the photo slideshow to normal transition with 5 minutes time

4. I have the following folder structure: Local Storage Label\Movies\Genre\Action ( … Comedy … Crime … etc) and within for example the Action folder I have the Folder.jpg (this one is displayed) with sub-directories for every movie within that genre

With regards to the movie subdirectories:

1. I don’t see the box labels as generated by your theme

2. I don’t see the information as contained in the generated .xmls

3. I don’t see the ‘backdrop’ as generated by your theme

When I enable the default theme I do see movie information displayed (not sure if that is coming from the xml as generated by your theme) but also no boxes…

Could really use some help here,

Erwin

Oh yeah

1. just came to remember that I am using the new firmware (wdtvlivegen3_1.10.13) maybe that has something to do with the issues?

2. Using ThumbGen 1.2.13.0 and manually process folders of USB drive that is connected to WD Live and linked to PC as network drive via WD Link

This looks awesome, now I just need to figure out how to install a theme.

A very impressive theme, thanks for all your hard work.

One thing missing if you have the time to do it, any chance of including a Genre for Thriller.  It’s one I always use in my libraries and I am sure many others do as well.

When i run your Kudos theme I have to set the Screen Size Calibration in Setup on my SMP to 95% otherwise the edges are missing (e.g. the clock is off the page), I haven’t experienced this with the other themes I have tried (Mojo & Darklight).  It doesn’t seem to affect anything else, would you expect this setting to have to be changed in the smp to run your theme?

Thanks again…

Excellent work LB!  I installed the theme and it looks great!

Couple of questions:

1)  Are you going to be creating a “TV” transparent profile and template?

2)  Any chance of creating the theme with generic images for Video and Photo?  If not, is there a way for someone to do it themselves?  Do you have to replace an image file, or is it a lot more involved? 

3)  Sort of in line with #2, is there any chance of getting generic “genre” images?  I.E.  Movie, TV, Comedy, Kid’s, etc.  But without a specific movie image on them?

One thing I did notice is that when you are in the view that shows your movie boxes on the bottom and the movie sheets in the background, that on the bottom left of the screen there was the image of the popcorn box, movie reel etc.  Not sure if you wanted that there or not.

Great work!

Hi

I see this myself and thought it was how my 55" LCD was set up, as on my 50" plasma and HD Projector, I dont see this issue. I have had a busy week and had no chance to look at the code. I may throw it open to other themers to assist on this (or I’ll just move some of the text in a little …)

As for the added Genre Folders, list what you want and I’ll create more. They take stuff all time to do and I’ll post them on the OP.

Edit 5/8/2012 - LB

Thriller Folder as requested   http://db.tt/HNFeKbqr

Cheers LB

Hi Huffer007

//Couple of questions:

//1)  Are you going to be creating a “TV” transparent profile and template?

Yes, I have one done and will release it with Beta 2 shortly

2)  Any chance of creating the theme with generic images for Video and Photo?  If not, is there a way for someone to do it themselves?  Do you have to replace an image file, or is it a lot more involved? 

Are you talking about the Menu files for Video and Photos (e.g. Thor and Kate Perry)

3)  Sort of in line with #2, is there any chance of getting generic “genre” images?  I.E.  Movie, TV, Comedy, Kid’s, etc.  But without a specific movie image on them?

Yes, that was specifically put there, but I might change it to match the others or vis versa)

Cheers LB

Hi LB,

Thanks for responding to me.

1)  Sounds good on the TV template.

2)  Yeah, I was thinking about the Thor and KP images.  Don’t get me wrong, KP is beautiful, it just might be my preference to have generic images so I don’t have to worry about something getting old.  That might just be me though.

3)  Are you saying you are going to make generic folder images?  I might be misunderstanding and I apologize if I am.  I was referring to the images like the baby from the hangover for Comedy, or the Brave image for 3D movies.  Just thinking like for #2 that it would be good to have icons that don’t lose their luster as time goes by.  Even just fancy text would be cool.

This is all awesome though by the way, and you are definatly in your right to tell me where to go for asking for anything!  :wink:

Hi… 

Thanks for the theme… It looks great, but given this is the first time I am uploading the files I am not sure how to do it. 

I have downloaded all the files and unzipped them and have the following. 

• Kudos V4 Moviesheets Transparent.tgp
  • V4 (folder)
  • Kudos v4 Folders
  • Kudos v4 Templates

So, I am confused as to what would the upload process and where these files would be stored?

THanks in advance

This is an earlier guide for KUDO V1.0. Where you see a V1.0, just substitute V4.0.

http://db.tt/3PMLd1JX

The Theme is downloaded by using a Browser (e.g… Google Chrome), placing the IP Address of the WD SMP Streamer in the address bar of the browser (Dont use IE as I have had trouble with that browser and SMP theme downloads).

The Web Browser will have a Web Page off the WD SMP now and log in : password default is “admin” (without quotation marks). Then select “Appearance” from the LHS menu. Select “Browse” and pick the Theme File V4Beta1.zip and submit. Wait about 45 seconds and a dialog box should appear saying “successful”. Now - reboot the SMP and you should have your new theme.

You will have to possibly MAP you network drives for each GENRE of Movie category (under Settings). Also to get the nice GENRE pictures for your folders, copy the applicable JPG picture from the V4 (Folders). e.g…

\NAS_1 \Action\folder.pjg ← This is the JPG file for ACTION Movies

\NAS_1 \Comedy\folder.jpg   ← This is the JPG file for COMEDY Movies

\NAS_1 \Drama\folder.jpg   ← This is the JPG file for DRAMA Movies

Note:  \NAS_1 is the Network Path of my Movie File Server

Cheers LB

I must be doing something wrong…

Thumbgen hits me with an error when trying to generate files with your template. “Input string had an incorrect format” and refuses to load your template.

I have tried redownloading the template zip, but to no avail. What might be going wrong?

/Z

what thumbgen version should i use with this

im using the one form the above link kudos v 1.0 link for thumbgen and its version 1.2.10.0

i have downloaded the other kudos v4 templates and kudos v4 moviesheets transparent.zip folder from the first posts link

what setting do i need to do in the thumbgen when i open it

ive selectedf from the profiles Kudos v4 moviesheets transparent

in the collectors do i leave all the three ticked as the default or should i just tick Themoviedb.org one

do i need to change the other settings in the option /general

and the other folders in the options  or leave them as default

thanks for such  nice work

ive changed from black mamba

Hi Boxer29

I’m about to drop a Beta 2 (day or two - time dependant) and I will address all your issues in a new Guide for V4.0.

Thumbgen I use is 1.2.11.0  http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?935-ThumbGen-v1.2.11.0

The V1.0 guide should help (posted a few above). Just select the KUDOS Profile to set up THUMBGEN, then when you get the second Screen up, select the Template you want (KUDOS V4.0 Movies or TVShows). All should be set up without the need to go and reselect items etc.

Only thing holding back Beta2 is the Music Screens. Videos, Setting and Photos are completed.

Cheers LB

Will give it a try
Wait anxiosly for beta 2
thanks