Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

regarding the picture … i’m assuming

You have a WD MyCloud connected via Network Shares and on it you have organized into separate folders

Movies

Tv Shows

Documentaries

etc etc

if so, then in your “Movies” folder … you need either a  folder.jpg   or and/or (rename folder.jpg to)   0.metathumb

for the backdrop, only Linksheets will work   (Moviesheets don’t display for folders … only files) 

Thanks Joey, I will post my other questions in the forum you suggested. :slight_smile:

I had a hard drive crash and lost all of the ThumbGen themes could some one repost the ThumbGen Bundle for Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 as the original link is dead

Thanks,

Original Author is AWOL

This is all i have …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Kudos-V4-1-Beta-03-Moviesheet-SMP-WEEKLY-BUILD-ADDED/m-p/792633#M15193

1 Like

Hi Joey

Not AWOL, just lost password and Login and cannot get WD to reset and allow me back in.

I have all the original files still, but no longer have WDTV unit.

Can upload any file needed, includin g earlier revs

Cheers Lesterbangs

Welcome back :smiley:

I’m sure people would appreciate updating the dead dropbox links on Page(1)

Thanks

Ok, so I have lost my WD login (attached to an dead email address and it appears that I can no longer edit my posts). So I copied page 1 and updated all the Links below.

Enjoy… LB

WEEKLY Build added   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- This is experimental build 4.2 beta THEME Only. It can and will change at a whim. No support and No promises

– Weekly Build B7 –   HERE

• - Code and graphics clean up a little
  • - All Front Menus changed (got sick of Iron Man and Ms Perry)

welcome_logo.png

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Otherwise use the links below for the non experimental build 

Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet Theme SMP)

Watchmen.jpg

folder.jpg

Game of Thrones.S01E01.Winter is Coming.jpg

small.jpg 

Theme Download here Link (send to SMP via Browser – Chrome)

Folders Genre Jpegs here  Link (copy into folder for Movie Genre)   Consolidated Genre Folders

Some addition Folder Genre (from Page 4). Find them here: Additional Folders

More Genre Thumbs here: USER Requests

Note: The above 2 ZIPs are included in the main Link Genre above (now)

Thumbgen Bundle here Link (Install in Thumbgen via “Manage Bundles” icon on main menu)

Try this basic Guide -   HERE

– Change Log Beta 3 – 

• Theme Clean up including Graphics, Text and Icon changes
    • Changed Layouts of theme (too many to list)
    • Updated Thumbgen Templates and Profiles (Movies and TV Series) - Now in Thumbgen Bundle
  • - Changed Main Background

More pics - Link

Once again this is a port of other talented programmers/artists and most of this theme is borrowed from their hard work, so a big thanks to DeVicious, Tinwarble, Joey Smith, surrealpro (all theme stuff), extremedigital and LStar (moviesheet templates) and apologies to any I have missed.

Remember this is a Beta and please message me any bugs that you find.

Cheers LB

1 Like

Thanks Lesterbangs

I’ve contacted a MOD to see if you can get your original Username / Login Re-activated

appreciate the update of download links for all users to enjoy

Very cool, thank you ppurcell14, Kudos is my absolute favorite theme.   Joey’s Alaska Resurface was my clear favorite before I came upon Kudos, and I’m hoping for a Hub version of his PM4 theme.  There are quite of few very nice themes for the WD, but IMO, yours stands apart.

Thanks Lesterbangs !!

Earlier in the thread you mentioned a PSD file for the images would you still have that available?

I just need to remove some of the menu items like games

TIA

Steve

So happy to see that this theme (and thread) is still banging around. It is still my favorite theme, and likely will be for a long while.

is there anyway to get the grid layout to work with moviesheets? i have the wdtv smp but moviesheets don’t work when i set the grid layout…

medium.jpg

by the way love the theme, thank you

if you want moviesheets on the grid view (which is actually called “Preview Browse” view)

then you’ll have to use “Linksheets”    (Moviesheets only work with “Gallery Browse” view)

but, 2 things

1. The theme will need to edited to support Linksheets

2. You’ll need to use Custom  Firmware on your SMP

(because the SMP will only support 30MB of Linksheets using Official Firmware)

1 Like

oh ok, i have a lot of movies and prefer not to redo my entire collection with linksheets.  is there possibly a way to have more than the single row of covers when using gallery mode? i have a lot of movies and see it as a pain to only have the single row at the bottom of the screen… sorry if this question seems silly.

oh ok, i have a lot of movies and prefer not to redo my entire collection with linksheets.  is there possibly a way to have more than the single row of covers when using gallery mode? i have a lot of movies and see it as a pain to only have the single row at the bottom of the screen… sorry if this question seems silly. thank you JoeySmyth

RansomMoney3mil wrote:

is there possibly a way to have more than the single row of covers when using gallery mode?

sure it’s possible … example: my “Welo Mini Mod” for Gallery View (No Moviesheets needed)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Welo-Gallery-MiniMod/m-p/568062#M11742

1 Like

Great! thank you, now i can just apply this to kudos theme and customize it to match !! that looks great by the way!

well i should ask would it be ok if i mod this theme to match? how would i go about making kudos look similar?  i just want to have my kudos theme gallery mode to look like that so my wife would enjoy my wdtv more.

RansomMoney3mil wrote:

well i should ask would it be ok if i mod this theme to match?

Sure :smiley:

RansomMoney3mil wrote:

how would i go about making kudos look similar?

“Theming” … requires xml and graphics editing

The 1st problem though is … if you have more than a single row in Gallery Browse, then that’s gonna obscure the Moviesheet  :neutral_face:

But if you don’t care about the Moviesheet, then it would be pretty easy to adapt the Welo “look” into the Kudos Theme

JoeySmyth excuse, you can kindly help me
here
http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Small-Change-Theme-for-linguaccia22/td-p/888067

if the only one I know that and able to help me :frowning:
please reply