Is metadata .tgmd needed for properly show moviesheets?

Well I want to know if the metadata file is needed inside the hub to show the moviesheet, or this is only useful for thumbgen (to generate a new moviesheet) ?

.tgmd files (which are actually .zip files) are only used for Thumbgen.

The Hub does not “Read” or “Recognize” them.

Thanks Joey ! :wink:

I recommend though, dont delete them.

Back them Up and keep them on your PC for later use if you wish to bulk re-generate your Moviesheets at a later date.

(copy them back to where your Movie files are and Use Generate From Metadata option in Thumbgen)

Can you use the .tgmd files to batch generate moviesheets for different themes or will it only work to re-create the same theme style moviesheets?

I believe that’s the whole point of the .tgmd files.

They keep all the images and data and all that, and you can just change your page layout to a different template, and have it bash through everything, creating new screens with the new layout.

ETA:  For what it’s worth, when I was playing around with WDLXTV on my Gen1, and using Thumbgen, I changed the path for the .tgmd files.  I had it save them in My Documents/Thumbgen/  instead of in the folders along with the media and the .jpegs.  It knew enough to look in the right place when I re-generated pages with adjusted templates. :wink: