Installing themes

I have been trying to connect my Mac (mountain lion) to my Live Hub to install a theme. All I have is an Ethernet cord to connect from the Mac to the Hub however I can’t get them to see each other. 

I found some info about creating a Static IP for the Hub and for the Macs Ethernet port and I have tried with no success. I’m actually very technically savvy so the fact I haven’t figured this out is very upsetting. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Captain

I have discovered the answer. I ended up doing something I partially didn’t want to do but it works great. I connected the WD Hub to my router. Connected wirelessly to it. Opened terminal, since its based off a Unix system I used the command: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

So hidden files show in finder. Restarted my computer and reconnected as an admin to the Hub and did a search for .wd_tv

After installing the theme and verifying it worked on the hub I entered this command into terminal: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

And restarted my computer to hide the files again, and if anyone knows an easier way I’m open to trying it out still.

Thanks,

The Captain