Installing themes on WDTV Streaming (SMP) - HELP!

Hey guys, 

I need some help installing custom sheets on my SMP player. I have tried everything and it either doesn’t work or I don’t like the theme. I used to own a standard WDTV media player and I had no issues adding the custom firmware and installing themes, cover sheets etc through thumbgen but when the WDTV player stopped working I had no choice but to get the SMP as they no longer sold the older version.

While I like the whole outlook of the new one and the features I am hating the standard theme. I have tried adding the theme as I did with the old one and it’s not working. After reading up on it further I have found out that this media player works differently. You have to install the themes via zip file and they have a 30mb limit. I have found a few standard themes where you don’t have to customize anything, all you have to do is just upload the theme and the SMP player just finds the info about the movie/tv show.

The only one I seemed to like was ALASKA LIGHT however the only downfall with that was when I am watching a tv show I can’t press play and it plays all the episodes back to back, I have to press the ENTER key to go the next episode which is really annoying.

Also with the standard themes it doesn’t have cover sheets (e.g. for a series, on the old one it would have a cover sheet about the show and when you clicked on it it would have a cover sheet for the season and the episodes and then another for the episode). I REALLY WOULD LIKE THAT! now it just says n/a for everything until you actually click on the episode then you get the info ONLY on the episode.

I have noticed people are saying that you can use any theme from any other WDTV player you just need to fix the 30mb limit and you can apparently do that by running your themes etc of a USB stick. Is this true and how is it done? Can people please advise me the easiest and simpliest way to get cover sheets, season cover sheets etc. Thanks.

The only one I seemed to like was ALASKA LIGHT however the only downfall with that was when I am watching a tv show I can’t press play

Sorry about that  :cry:… i realised last week that some of my XML editing disabled the “PLAY” button

it’s 12.30pm past Midnight here … but tomorrow, i will FIX and reupload every version of ALASKA LIGHT (and DARK)

my Apologies … check back in about 12 hours

Sincerely

P.S.  Please use Paragraphs … makes reading easier

Thank you for that. Do you have any idea how i would be able to have information where the seasons are as they say n/a at the moment on that theme. Thanks.

if seasons are display N/A … i’m guessing you may have to use a 3rd party scraper

i will be completely honest … i have next to none experience with “TV Shows”

I only watch Movies

Okay say for instance with a movie you have them divided into genres and you want to put a movie sheet for the action folder with an action photo and a description, how would that be possible?

“Moviesheets” don’t work for folders … “Linksheets” do

it’s getting pretty late for me now  1AM… so i will let you do some reading   CIAO

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WDLXTV-Moviesheets-Vs-Linksheets/td-p/657331

1 Like