I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

DeVicious

Been playing with large thumbs in another view today.

Picture 1 is fine when static, but Picture 2 shows what happens when I go to the next page. It does redraw ok in a second, but just for a short time it’s a mess ?

http://s12.postimage.org/ioh7vy07h/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_18_36_59.jpg

http://s15.postimage.org/ov2p4sv4b/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_18_34_14.jpg

Any idea what is doing this, is it a certain overlay/picture ?

DeVicious wrote:

wdtvhub wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

@wdtv

when I watch a TV episode at night before i go to bed and fall asleep i need the movie sheet to read where I fell asleep, I can’t remember and without it i would have to start watching 5-6 episodes to know where i left it off. I don’t really read the movie synapsis either but I get additional visual info and when having 20 unwatched movies i have a decent helpt to make a decision which movie to watch based on pictures and imdb ratings. People who make themselves blind to valuable informations are called… *drum roll+…“Politicians” :laughing: (just kidding)

Ah you see, you are like my wife…I don’t fall asleep watching TV. :slight_smile:

The info that you have on the TV Thumbs is enough for me, and if I ever do forget, I go to the one prior to the one I think I have watched, if it says Resume/Restart…I know I have watched it :slight_smile:

yeah mine runs out and the next day i dont have a clue where I was :slight_smile: I saw Ross saying the wrong name at the wedding 6 times till i ralized I was in the wrong season :slight_smile:

ah Friends… how i miss it… 

ahway DeVi… do you have Thumbs covers for your Series… so for Friends… you have a cover and in there will be the Season folers (1,2,3,4,5 etc)

I am at the moment using the Movie Thumb to make the Folders stand out compare to the TV Thumbs… i was thinking maybe with your super eye for design you might create a Series Thumb, maybe even slightly based from the Genre design… ie with that RED Bar… that can be generated via TG.

Just a thought… :slight_smile:

It’s quite easy to do yourself.

Select a friends episode as normal with TG in manual mode (can even be one you have one already as you wont be saving it).

Once it prepares the sheet for you. Go to bottom right box called Moviesheet editor and select the movie thumb.

If you go over to the far left under search results, choose a picture you want (a generic one for a folder full of seasons)

Click the green tick under the cover window, this will move the picture inside the frame at the bottom right.

Then click the blue disk in the bottom right window “save original moviesheet to disk somewhere”. Save it as folder.jpg and boom you have a nice folder thumb.

What I do is select episode 1 of Season 1 and create a Season 1 folder.jpg, select episode 1 of Season 2 to create a Season 2. jpg and so on for the actual Season folder.jpgs.

Tinwarble wrote:

DeVicious wrote:> People who make themselves blind to valuable informations are called… *drum roll+…“Politicians” :laughing: (just kidding)7

And people who fall asleep while watching movies/TV and don’t remember were they left off are called…Girls. :smileyvery-happy:

Oh, how many times have I heard, “what were we watching last night before I feel asleep”?

are handling png’s, it is quiet capable of doing so.  The problem is with the firmware design, not the hardware.

lol :smileyvery-happy: i am not ashamed to fall asleep after an 18 hours work day :smiley: 

I actually got my 10 seasons of Friends just for that purpose since I have seen it 100s of times already :heart:

18 hr work days, I wish mine were that short. :cry:  Mine are running into 2 day work days with about 3 hrs sleep between.

That’s why I haven’t had time to work on any theme projects.  But when you are your own boss that’s the way it goes.

wdtvhub wrote:

DeVicious

Been playing with large thumbs in another view today.

Picture 1 is fine when static, but Picture 2 shows what happens when I go to the next page. It does redraw ok in a second, but just for a short time it’s a mess ?

http://s12.postimage.org/ioh7vy07h/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_18_36_59.jpg

http://s15.postimage.org/ov2p4sv4b/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_18_34_14.jpg

Any idea what is doing this, is it a certain overlay/picture ?

stuff happens…

first of all this design really breaks my heart. please warn me when you kill something i consider my baby :laughing:

The snapshot in Picture 2 is the result of poor coding on your part, you didn’t bring all elements into the right dimensions that’s why the Bluray is cut off on top. The Blank Bluray is the no cover art symbol, it appears when covers aren’t rendered yet and completely normal to appear in this way, it just needs to be done right and it doesn’t look so bad.

I am surprised this is catching your eye and not the too large font on bottom or the displacement of the diffusion image that is not wide enough for your covers (use the same technique as I made for you for your shelf) or the artefacts drawn from mirror covers because the gap between the too covers is too wide and the difusion image is not made for these covers…

Kazgor wrote:

ah Friends… how i miss it… 

ahway DeVi… do you have Thumbs covers for your Series… so for Friends… you have a cover and in there will be the Season folers (1,2,3,4,5 etc)

I am at the moment using the Movie Thumb to make the Folders stand out compare to the TV Thumbs… i was thinking maybe with your super eye for design you might create a Series Thumb, maybe even slightly based from the Genre design… ie with that RED Bar… that can be generated via TG.

Just a thought… :slight_smile:

2 Answers to that, one might surprise you…

1. why using movie thumbs for that if you can check the EXTRA THUMBNAIL which creates the folder.jpg

2. about the series thumb that is a really good idea, i am not sure if I would use it for myself but I will definately do it

it should not be done exactly like the genre covers (can’t be done) but i know how it could work, after all these shows usually have covers that capture the series quite well, one should not destroy that. I will send you a beta version when I have it.

Haha sorry to trash your hard work. But ALL the themes once implemented are too slow for me bar the stock ones, and they look terrible. I went through all this with earlier firmwares and Joeys work, no doubt I will end up there again :slight_smile:

As far as my coding skilss go, yeah its hack and bash, but the images you see half drawn do draw correctly once the pictures stop moving, I think its more to do with buffers/memory or a setting somewhere. Or as I am guessing you mean I have to increase the size of the no cover art, which is strange as this seems to have scaled up to suit when a cover is not there.

Yes I concur, I was going to fix the smaller things later :slight_smile:

wdtvhub wrote:

It’s quite easy to do yourself.

Select a friends episode as normal with TG in manual mode (can even be one you have one already as you wont be saving it).

Once it prepares the sheet for you. Go to bottom right box called Moviesheet editor and select the movie thumb.

If you go over to the far left under search results, choose a picture you want (a generic one for a folder full of seasons)

Click the green tick under the cover window, this will move the picture inside the frame at the bottom right.

Then click the blue disk in the bottom right window “save original moviesheet to disk somewhere”. Save it as folder.jpg and boom you have a nice folder thumb.

What I do is select episode 1 of Season 1 and create a Season 1 folder.jpg, select episode 1 of Season 2 to create a Season 2. jpg and so on for the actual Season folder.jpgs.

why don’t you tick the Extra Thumbnail button which will make you the official cover for the season saves it automatically as folder.jpg into the right location that is used later on the episode thumbnails as well. This is literally no extra work.

Kazgor was referring to series thumbs as a main image for the show main folder, this should not be done without a proper template if you want a decent result.

wdtvhub wrote:

Haha sorry to trash your hard work. But ALL the themes once implemented are too slow for me bar the stock ones, and they look terrible. I went through all this with earlier firmwares and Joeys work, no doubt I will end up there again :slight_smile:

As far as my coding skilss go, yeah its hack and bash, but the images you see half drawn do draw correctly once the pictures stop moving, I think its more to do with buffers/memory or a setting somewhere. Or as I am guessing you mean I have to increase the size of the no cover art, which is strange as this seems to have scaled up to suit when a cover is not there.

Yes I concur, I was going to fix the smaller things later :slight_smile:

alrighty then

if things are too slow for you, you should really consider going back to the old firmware and use Joeys theme, it can’t get faster than that unless you depend on the new firmware then you need to take what the hub can offer at this point, it’s not much in terms of speed (unfortunately)

Ah…well I beg to differ in this case. I just created these about 30 mins ago with the way I explained

So I have this on the outer folders

http://s17.postimage.org/ckgoasfxr/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_20_37_22.jpg

And inside each season

http://s16.postimage.org/48pxj8ez9/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_20_39_42.jpg (episodes messed up…grr)

The reason why I do this is because I go to the effort of using Thumbs with Bluray covers for each episode, so I like to keep that theme for the main folders :slight_smile:

@wdtvhub,

No, it has nothing to do with buffering or memory.  The problem is with your coding, most likely the marquee settings.  If it only does this when change pages, then it most difintely your marquee settings.

1 Like

Tinwarble wrote:

18 hr work days, I wish mine were that short. :cry:  Mine are running into 2 day work days with about 3 hrs sleep between.

That’s why I haven’t had time to work on any theme projects.  But when you are your own boss that’s the way it goes.

I’ve been there not so long ago, you can try to sleep but it isn’t working especially when you have a creative job, you dream about your designs… wake up… and sleeping further seems like a waste of time so you get up regardless what time it is.

My main business is fading with my fading looks (30yo now), lol so I had to get into new stuff but there is no way i can run 2.5 businesses by mself and expect them to be 100% in shape, I hired people for my main bread & butter job and in my 2nd job I have reduced the work load to what is necessary, which is the job where the DeVicious name was invented (designing fashion for virtual worlds such as Second Life) turns out with a bit more brains and some economical skills you can save 3-4 hours a day there.

wdtvhub wrote:

Ah…well I beg to differ in this case. I just created these about 30 mins ago with the way I explained

So I have this on the outer folders

http://s17.postimage.org/ckgoasfxr/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_20_37_22.jpg

And inside each season

http://s16.postimage.org/48pxj8ez9/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_20_39_42.jpg (episodes messed up…grr)

The reason why I do this is because I go to the effort of using Thumbs with Bluray covers for each episode, so I like to keep that theme for the main folders :slight_smile:

that’s okay (for the seasons) if you actually care for the source cover, I PVR all my stuff on a HDD connected to the TV, i don’t need covers in my case it wouldn’t suit the situation.

Yayyy fixed the problem.

Changed the marquee “y” from 448 to 700 and all is well :). Thanks Tinwarble for pointing me in the right direction.

@WDTVHUB

change the line on top to

<listbox valkey=“browselist” move=“row” cols=“5” rows=“1” lbmask=“lr” loop_scroll=“1” turbo_trigger=“10” turbo_multi=“10” autoenter=“1” fixed_scrolling_col=“3” hormove=“1” />

(this will start scrolling to the next cover when the after your selection is in the middle (on cover 3) it will add 1 cover per click to the right)

<listbox valkey=“browselist” move=“row” cols=“5” rows=“1” lbmask=“lr” loop_scroll=“1” turbo_trigger=“10” turbo_multi=“10” autoenter=“1” fixed_scrolling_col=“5” hormove=“1” />

or use this to only scroll to the right after the 5th cover

1 Like

Nice thanks.

DeVicious wrote:

2 Answers to that, one might surprise you…

1. why using movie thumbs for that if you can check the EXTRA THUMBNAIL which creates the folder.jpg
  1. about the series thumb that is a really good idea, i am not sure if I would use it for myself but I will definately do it

it should not be done exactly like the genre covers (can’t be done) but i know how it could work, after all these shows usually have covers that capture the series quite well, one should not destroy that. I will send you a beta version when I have it.> * * *

well i knew if i asked long enough i must hit on a reasonable/good idea. lol

When i say Movie Thumbs, i mean the template this is so it creates the a different (enought) looking cover compared to what i get from the TV Thumb, and it looks cool having a Cover around the image. 

but like you say 2)… a better more designed centric for season covers would be much preferable something enough to signify this Cover is a FOLDER not an actually video.

It something i doing quickly, but ideally it would be nice to do this for all my main Shows.

so here’s a quick example

here you see first 2 are folders, CSI and THE Killings the others are actual videos.

and here are the CSI Episodes…

so ideally a nice, template that can be used to create pretty Thumbs for the toplevel Show Folder, and then for each season folder… but different enough to not confuse from the current TV Thumbs :slight_smile:

ps… wdtv… i do like you TV Thumbs… i was thinking for putting the episode name at the bottom instead of the show time.

Mmmm quite like this. The film you select now pops up…

http://s16.postimage.org/dp7z81bdh/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_21_44_02.jpg

http://s7.postimage.org/mjlaro66z/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_21_46_32.jpg

http://s7.postimage.org/i43dtbn8b/WDTVLive_Hub_2012_04_12_21_48_02.jpg

@ Kazgor

initially I understood that you were looking for a series thumbnail. (Series = Show… not the Season)

You many have noticed or not that the good people from TVDB already provde handmade season covers…

In your screenshot that would be Glee and The Ringer… All these Season infos with the bar are exclusively made by the TVDB and once the Bluray is out there will be the official cover as well.

I think this is quite comfortable already but  there is one particular thumbnail that is not generated, it is the one for the show itself, for the show’s parent folder. I always fashion them manually and this is the one where a template would come in very handy. You don’t want it to look like a season, you want to capture the show. All my Show covers differ a lot from the season covers. However I would always want the official season cover for each season for the same reasons I want a proper movie cover for my movies, it makes me virtually open the Bluray box :slight_smile: