Reply
Advisor
ZEST_
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎03-04-2012
0

Re: BLACK MAMBA by DeVicious V1.3 (Big Update April 6th 2012)

Hi DeVicious,

I desactivated the libray so it is really better now.

I have a question : personnaly, I think the sheets doesn't stay enough long before to stitch to the full screen thumb because I don't have time to read informations for each movie. So I wanted to know if it's possible to remove the switch to the thumb full screen or put more time on the sheets.

By the way, this theme is a really nice work. And my favorite ;=)

Zest

Esteemed Contributor
drizzt09
Posts: 714
Registered: ‎01-24-2011

Re: BLACK MAMBA by DeVicious V1.3 (Big Update April 6th 2012)


ZEST_ wrote:

Hi DeVicious,

I desactivated the libray so it is really better now.

I have a question : personnaly, I think the sheets doesn't stay enough long before to stitch to the full screen thumb because I don't have time to read informations for each movie. So I wanted to know if it's possible to remove the switch to the thumb full screen or put more time on the sheets.

By the way, this theme is a really nice work. And my favorite ;=)

Zest


Go into settings-photo settings-increase the time from the default 3 seconds to 5 minutes. This should give you plenty of time to read the info in the sheet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Running Firmware 3.05 with ALASKA RESURFACE.
Please vote for Wall mode with Trailer and
BlackBerry Smartphone/ BlackBerry PlayBook application
Esteemed Contributor
drizzt09
Posts: 714
Registered: ‎01-24-2011
0

Re: BLACK MAMBA by DeVicious V1.3 (Big Update April 6th 2012)


moobies wrote:

That was it! Thank you a ton!


Glad it worked for you.

 

 

Development.... No problem... You have 45 pages of questions. Thought I could try to soften the load. Your theme I don't know as well as you. But tg I know. :smileyhappy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Running Firmware 3.05 with ALASKA RESURFACE.
Please vote for Wall mode with Trailer and
BlackBerry Smartphone/ BlackBerry PlayBook application
Honored Contributor
DeVicious
Posts: 1,263
Registered: ‎07-25-2011
0

Re: BLACK MAMBA by DeVicious V1.3 (Big Update April 6th 2012)

thanx again Drizzt, I really appreciate your help :smileyhappy:

I need to make an FAQ coz questions repeat themselves on a daily basis and it would help anyone on both ends :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Kudos for my themes and support are appreciated, thank you
Advisor
ninja168
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎04-01-2012
0

Re: Black Mamba Theme


DeVicious wrote:


Hi Ninja,

I am not doing this for 2 reasons....

1) it wouldn't make a difference and you are obsessing over something that is not part of the problem (as i tried to explain before)

2) it would open a can of worms i can't close with others.... analysis and support "YAY" exclusive work "NAY" :smileylol:

 

 

Thanks Devicious. I fully understand what you say. I wouldn't want anything to deter you from continuing to support this theme. I'll keep tinkering with the settings. The anti-aliasing may help with the graphic image but would still not explain why the entire cover comes out so pixellated especially the red bar and text.. I do not know how to screen grab my TV so I have used my camera to take a photo. It isn't very good but it is still clear to see the difference between the covers I have edited and the ones I have not touched...

 

IMG_2479.JPG

 

The ones I have NOT altered are Action, Animation, Comedy, Horror, Romance and War. As I said before, on the PC, my covers look fine, only when on the player do they look this bad. In fact, they do not look as bad as before now because I have resorted to using .png now for my covers, as jpg, they were far far worse.

Regular Advisor
Kazgor
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎02-21-2012
0

Re: Black Mamba Theme


DeVicious wrote:


 The.Walking.Dead.sheet



DeVi, little subtle change really make it look nice.. i do have one question interm the info box just looks a ta cramped.

 

Maybe you like it the above.. but i wonder if it better to just say Overview... instead of Episode 1 Overview.. also where it says Season 2 Episode 1... it aways feels like it was just stuck in there and i wonder if a better home could be found for it. ?

 

The Ratings i like where it is compared to how it layed out on the  moviesheet :smileyhappy:

 

anyway im just poking at the edges.. and if you dont like the poking that ok.. ... although next time i will try Tickerling :smileywink:

Honored Contributor
DeVicious
Posts: 1,263
Registered: ‎07-25-2011
0

Re: Black Mamba Theme


ninja168 wrote:

DeVicious wrote:


Hi Ninja,

I am not doing this for 2 reasons....

1) it wouldn't make a difference and you are obsessing over something that is not part of the problem (as i tried to explain before)

2) it would open a can of worms i can't close with others.... analysis and support "YAY" exclusive work "NAY" :smileylol:

 

 

Thanks Devicious. I fully understand what you say. I wouldn't want anything to deter you from continuing to support this theme. I'll keep tinkering with the settings. The anti-aliasing may help with the graphic image but would still not explain why the entire cover comes out so pixellated especially the red bar and text.. I do not know how to screen grab my TV so I have used my camera to take a photo. It isn't very good but it is still clear to see the difference between the covers I have edited and the ones I have not touched...

 

IMG_2479.JPG

 

The ones I have NOT altered are Action, Animation, Comedy, Horror, Romance and War. As I said before, on the PC, my covers look fine, only when on the player do they look this bad. In fact, they do not look as bad as before now because I have resorted to using .png now for my covers, as jpg, they were far far worse.


your image isn't showing until it is approved.

Anti aliasing changes everything, i tested it with the lord of the ring original picture for myself.

However if your covers look that pixelated you might be using one of the firmware versions that causes this behavior. What is your firmware version?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Kudos for my themes and support are appreciated, thank you
Honored Contributor
DeVicious
Posts: 1,263
Registered: ‎07-25-2011

Re: Black Mamba Theme


Kazgor wrote:

DeVi, little subtle change really make it look nice.. i do have one question interm the info box just looks a ta cramped.

 

Maybe you like it the above.. but i wonder if it better to just say Overview... instead of Episode 1 Overview.. also where it says Season 2 Episode 1... it aways feels like it was just stuck in there and i wonder if a better home could be found for it. ?

 

The Ratings i like where it is compared to how it layed out on the  moviesheet :smileyhappy:

 

anyway im just poking at the edges.. and if you dont like the poking that ok.. ... although next time i will try Tickerling :smileywink:



attempt # 50  to change the design :smileyhappy:

I am here to help with problems and i am open to functionality changes and as you know I am quick in bringing them to your device. 300 people have downloaded my theme in the last 10 days, i am sure out of these 300 people 280 would like to change something to fit their PERSONAL taste and everyone wants something else.:smileywink: I cannot satisfy anyone and most important i don't even want to. :smileylol: If there is something that you want to change then do it, if you don't know how to do it you must learn it because I sure won't do it. :heart:

Please try to remember that I am doing this in my free time and that my theme is not a product, i made it for myself and I share it with you in open source so you can improve it to make it work with your personal taste.

 

For future references, functionality ideas are always welcome, if you want to change the design you are on your own. :smileyhappy::heart::smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Kudos for my themes and support are appreciated, thank you
Advisor
ninja168
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎04-01-2012
0

Re: Black Mamba Theme


DeVicious wrote:

ninja168 wrote:

DeVicious wrote:


Hi Ninja,

I am not doing this for 2 reasons....

1) it wouldn't make a difference and you are obsessing over something that is not part of the problem (as i tried to explain before)

2) it would open a can of worms i can't close with others.... analysis and support "YAY" exclusive work "NAY" :smileylol:

 

 

Thanks Devicious. I fully understand what you say. I wouldn't want anything to deter you from continuing to support this theme. I'll keep tinkering with the settings. The anti-aliasing may help with the graphic image but would still not explain why the entire cover comes out so pixellated especially the red bar and text.. I do not know how to screen grab my TV so I have used my camera to take a photo. It isn't very good but it is still clear to see the difference between the covers I have edited and the ones I have not touched...

 

IMG_2479.JPG

 

The ones I have NOT altered are Action, Animation, Comedy, Horror, Romance and War. As I said before, on the PC, my covers look fine, only when on the player do they look this bad. In fact, they do not look as bad as before now because I have resorted to using .png now for my covers, as jpg, they were far far worse.


your image isn't showing until it is approved.

Anti aliasing changes everything, i tested it with the lord of the ring original picture for myself.

However if your covers look that pixelated you might be using one of the firmware versions that causes this behavior. What is your firmware version?


How do I get it approved? I have taken another photo here:

 

http://www.mediafire.com/?06jhzcruizxp8d1

 

My firmware is the one before the current one that  resolves the MLB issue.

Frequent Advisor
Josh_K
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎01-05-2012

Re: BLACK MAMBA by DeVicious V1.3 (Big Update April 6th 2012)

 Hi DeVicious, I think was doing a bad installation of the template files.

 

By the way I made a cool discovery with this all confusion, I discover that you don´t need to rename all the file with the last extension (BLUERAY, DVD, ETC) for thumbgen make the cover art, instead you can rename the parent directory and then  all the files inside that folder will have the box art with the name on the parent directory.

 

For example if I want to make all file have a box art for DVD media then the structure goes like this:

 

DVD (parent directory)

        ---------------------> Movie folder

                                      ----------------->Movie.file.avi (for example)

or in my case:

 

HDTV (parent directory)

         ------->TV Series

                     ------------->The walking dead

                                       ----------------->Season 1

                                                               ------------->Season chapter

                                                               ------------->Season chapter
                                                               ------------->...................


S
o all the files inside DVD directory and HDTV  will have the same box in this case a box art DVD and HDTV and you don´t need to rename each file with (movie.name.dvd.avi or season chapter.hdtv.)

 

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD