Gallery Moviesheet/Thumbnail Trick

also this is doing my head in i cant seem to make it change, tried dropping a folder.jpg in the movies folder with no luck

If you are talking about your folder.jpg … getting ‘Duplicated Twice’  ?

If so, please read again the part “Important Note About List View”

The Original post is on Page 7. 

patateman

how dyou make sheets for tv show i seriously dont get it at all

yeah i did see that sorry, is there a workaround? also on previous page i noted that some of the film titles are cut off on the moviesheet due to their length, is there a way to remedy this? thanks again for great theme :slight_smile:

Hey, I really love the theme. I am having troubles with some items as well though. First, it would be great if there were some workaround for making a thumbnail or movie sheet for folders that looks good. Everything I try makes them look terrible and it really detracts from the theme. Second, when using playon through DLNA the icons and such aren’t customisable so it would be awesome if the view could be only active on local content or network shares and it would default to a standard thumbnail view for media servers. I don’t know if either of those things is possible but the problems with some of the content looking bad makes the whole theme lose a lot of polish.

BTW, what are the proper dimensions for folder thumbnails? I can’t get them to even fit the box right…even if they don’t show up like moviesheets it would look much better if they weren’t chopped in half.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. I love were this particular theme is heading. I like the idea of keeping it simple and that is the main draw for me. I don’t want individual folders with multiple structures. I wish the people at WD would change the automated tool to create a similar setup to this without the backdrops slowing everything down.

I redid my folder icons, delete the thumbnail folder from the live, reboot, replace  and then they looked fine.  I also found that the size really didnt matter, seems the Live resizes it anyway.  I was using 120x180 but then I switched to something like 326x500, they look crisp and clear.  I also put a glass overlay on them to make them look a bit nicer.

I wish we could use a ‘folder.png’  file for the folder.jpg  .  I put this in as a request so if you’d care  to give me a thumbs up it’d be appreciated.

THANKS JOEY- FONT PROBLEM SORTED.

JUST GONNA MAKE SOME MINOR MODS FOR PERSONAL PREFERENCE, ITS TAKING ME AGES THOUGH GOING THROUGH IT SLIGHTLY BLIND AND LOOKING AT OTHER MSHEETS.

Hey Joey, Just loaded yours last night. I have now modified your TG Template to fit my likings a little more, Thanks for the theme and the base template.

I will be modifying again to match but to support TV and post later.

Two problems I am having with the actual theme though.

1. When viewing music and seeing all the music in a folder

Music [viewing this folder is fine]

— OST [viewing this folder shows the images but the image is cut in half and the top half is duplicated in the top and bottom]

------ nightmare before xmas [viewing this folder shows the big image to the right but the image is cut in half and the top half is duplicated in the top and bottom… except the bottom one is in the middle of the screen instead to the right]

------ corpse bride

------ tangled

1. Once opening “Videos” I have my folders… Movies, HD Movies, Exercise, TV Series, Kids Movies, Temp Movies

Above these folders is a giant image of a folder… any way to remove this?

Been away for just over a week only to come back to find this release.

I am truely speechless Joey, this is an amazing piece of work. Your theme is going to be popular thats for sure…

Only limitation for me personally is that it doesn’t work for movies in individual folders. Otherwise i might have even switched from using my own theme to yours its that good.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

You certainly have pushed the boundaries of what i was thought was possible at the time i discovered the moviesheet trick and along with firetix worked on.

Kudos to you Joey…

Funny thing is that one of your views is very similar to an idea i had whilst sitting on the plane about using wide thumbnails to solve the ‘no thumbnail’ issue. i will post more about my idea on my thread.

My slight modifications for Joeys templates

Movie:

TV:

If anyone is interested in them, they can be found here.

*Update*: If you are missing the IMDB and runtime images its because they are located in the “common” folder and you do not have the latest  ExtremeMix Mega Hub Theme Pack 3.0 installed to your templates directory. Another alternative for these 2 files is extract  this and place in ThumbGen\Templates\Common\Images\ folder. If you dont have these folders, create them. [thanks mbyte]

Great theme indeed.

looks great!

just how you do for tv shows to find them with thumbgen i mean everytime i get nothing :l ?

boucher wrote:

looks great!

just how you do for tv shows to find them with thumbgen i mean everytime i get nothing :l ?

For TV shows, make sure that you have “TheTVDB.com” selected and only it as the collector.  You also have to make sure that your shows are named correctly.

They should be something like:

folder = Show name

folder= Season

file = Show name E01S01

1 Like

I have done some testing, and find a few oddites.Selected movies pull up 3 sheets(not Related to the movie} then quits. Listening to a song stop it and go to the home button and the WDC reboots

I think it is the processing of the .png files that causes the hub to reboot…

Perhaps it eats up the processor lol

Ps: don’t forget to vote for this idea:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Custom-Moviesheet-support/idi-p/160770

JoeySmyth wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ‘LIST VIEW’

The Idea was to create a way to have all views with the “ONE” moviesheet.
This, i achieved with all of the Views  … but ‘List View’ is a special case.

In creating a solution, ive created another problem…   List View is ONLY compatible with the Moviesheet.
This means ‘Standard’ Image dimensions will be totally messed up.

The Reason ? …  Well, to achieve the Gallery MovieSheet to be used in List View required the image to be

Drawn ‘Twice’… Once for the ‘Top’ half and again for the “Bottom”.  And to make things more complicated, the ‘Top’ half is not the

same Horizontal Resolution… so i ‘Scaled It’ to match the Bottom Width Dimension.

I did create a Template for Music Covers (or any picture wih Equal Width & Hieght) that can be used in this List View
(Which took a heck of a lot of working out… lots of scale/aspect/x/y/w/h/crop etc etc)

In Conclusion, the List Mod Works… but i totally understand it’s most probably not very practical… but hey, i tried.
Only other solution is to ditch the List mod, and create Separate Moviesheets for that View… which brings it back to ‘Square One’ for me again.

What would I need to edit in the list view to change it to look like the below image. I will be using list view for music and not for movies so I dont need the movie sheet to look right in list view.[in fact I could do with removing list view entirely for videos but leave it for music…if possible]

I also do not want to use the TG trick you created for for music as I purposly do not have album art images in my music folders. I embed them into the mp3s using ID3tagging. My music gets used elsewhere besides the hub and would like the files to remain in the same structure.

1. When are you implimenting the home screen icons shown in the beginning of your video here? Thos are kewl looking.

2. I mentioned this one in another post earlier… Once opening “Videos” I have my folders… Movies, HD Movies, Exercise, TV Series, Kids Movies, Temp Movies.

Above these folders is a giant image of a folder… any way to remove this? 

Thanks

It would be great if you could remove list view for movies, as i don’t have much use for it.

And like you say Drizz it would be more suited for music!!

but surely it can’t be as simple as that!?!..

moving house today, will be gone for a couple of weeks.

bye

how i can get the clock back when browsing video ? i have it at the begining but then it dissapear ;l

Good luck with your move Joey…im moving in roughly 2 weeks time so know the feeling