Flixster Free Mod

People were complaining about the newest firmware … List View *too short* due to the fact space was allocated for Flixster / Rotten Tomatoes ratings.

I just simply used the original Mochi video xml’s (which didn’t feature Flixter/RT rating) and replaced all of them.

This is for both the WD TV Media Player & WD TV Live Streaming (SMP)

Mochi (Original Interface)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lt841mfu03nb085/FlixsterFreeMochi.zip

Grid (New Interface)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2nswwca29u8b9be/FlixsterFreeGrid.zip

How to install / upload a theme.

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your WDTV’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “FlixsterFreeMochi.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on your WDTV press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “FlixsterFreeMochi” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

8 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this. 

Thanks so much! I was about to roll back my firmware, but I found this and it worked! :slight_smile:

you’re welcome :smiley:

Many thanks for this themes resource and procedure, @ Joey.

P34c3

Excellent fix, much appreciated.

Only need to find a solution now for the ‘Preview View’ page. On that page I want to remove the stars/ratings stuff and the actual preview of the file. I just want 1 vertical column as wide as possible so you can quickly see as much of the title of the show as possible with no fanart / folder pic’s or preview window.

I haven’t edited an xml file myself but I’ve had a look at the ones you posted for this fix and I might be able to figure it out trial and error fashion, unless someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

DR

Hi to remove the POP UP Thumb from the List page do i simply delete ??? :

-<image h=“160” w=“160” y=“0” x=“0” image=“@@thumbnail_listpage” disable=“1” attr_cur=“@@thumb_active” attr_num=“16” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_listpage”>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“265” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“315” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“365” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“415” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“465” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,bottom” y_offset=“308” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,bottom” y_offset=“358” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,bottom” y_offset=“408” x_offset=“463”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“265” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“315” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“365” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“415” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,top” y_offset=“465” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,bottom” y_offset=“308” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,bottom” y_offset=“358” x_offset=“1065”/>

<attr disable=“0” align=“right,bottom” y_offset=“408” x_offset=“1065”/>

JoeySmyth

JoeySmyth,

I hope you are still around… I have noticed about a month ago that the RT scores are no longer being displayed in the my WD TV Live. Have you had that same issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, i don’t use or own any WDTV Media players anymore. (sold them all about 9 years ago)

Bummer Thanks for the reply.

I will say though, if the Rotten Tomatoes score were displaying fine in the past and now they don’t … it’s more than likely something has changed on the Rotten Tomatoes site to cause them not to display anymore. Typically when websites change or update their API, that breaks 3rd party info scrapers, those info scrapers need to be updated to conform with the Websites new API.

The info scrapers are in the WDTV’s Firmware … which WD in the past would release new firmwares to fix any issues. But, that won’t happen anymore.

Hmm bummer. I really like this WD and it has served me well. I have scoured the web and your answers sounds the best. I just wish I had it back.

Thank you for the input much appreciate it.

1 Like

Question for you do you think that you would be able to write something up to add the Rotten Tomatoes Scores like it use to show in the Video UI? I would be willing to pay.

Just curious…Either way thanks for the time.

If the Rotten Tomatoes scores are not displaying in the default WD themes (Mochi and Grid) then, the scraper code in the firmware is redundant ie. broken.

There is nothing that custom theme xml’s can do to fix something that’s broken in the firmware.

Sorry.

Understood. Thank you for the time. Much appreciated. Enjoy your day.

Hello I know I have asked you before about the Rotten Tomatoes Scores before but I am wondering since you created this mod that masks them is there anything that can be done to add it back with a different API?
Curious.

JoeySmyth,

I am totally late to the game to all of this but wanted to say looking for answers your posts have come up a lot. Thanks for all the info.