Honored Contributor
DeVicious

Re: Discovered "Reflections" Code for Thumbnails

Joey that must be an advantage of the older firmware.

When holding the button for longer than a second it skips an entire page and becomes completely uncontrollable, unless you found some code to prevent that. I would be more than interested to see that :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Kudos for my themes and support are appreciated, thank you
Esteemed Contributor
drizzt09

Cant wait till this is up and incorporated on all the great themes. Hopefully helps in 3.03+

Anyone tested on folders [folder.jpg]? All screen shots I see are movie images.

keep up the great work

thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Running Firmware 3.05 with ALASKA RESURFACE.
Please vote for Wall mode with Trailer and
BlackBerry Smartphone/ BlackBerry PlayBook application
Community VIP
JoeySmyth

Here's a Quick Video of Local Backdrops using Modified Gallery View XML Code.

Once the Backdrop is Displayed if you Quickly Tap and Hold Down the Navigation Arrow Buttons the Backdrop will not change.

If you however, slow down your button presses or stop on a movie, then the New Backdrop will load.

Video Demo use's Brightly Dark by bg1 Movie Sheets. (Not my creation, credits to the Original Author)

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?385-Brightly-Dark-by-bg1-%28Brightly-720p-Standard-Sheet-amp-...

(I did however, fix a Runtime error in the Template.. Variable was %DURATION% it should be %RUNTIME% also moved the Media Flags Verticaly by 10 pixels)

Youtube Video Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKXWmd8BtA&list=UUn6RvJ3_GBQ-FpgWRuyYjpA&index=1&feature=plcp

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

Valued Contributor
extremedigital

Joey, tha'ts just AWESOME....

To me that is the perfect Gallery view.

Now i notice one major thing you are using local backdrops :smileylol: so combined with reflections using jpg that should mean compatibilty with even the newer firmwares ?

I cant wait to see this in action myself

Honored Contributor
DeVicious

yeah that is awesome indeed, seems i have to deal with that today myself, when I hold the left arrow key for longer than 1 second it will skip the page (7 columns) it is not changing the backdrop either but the entire navigation becomes unctorollable because somehow it is alos doing little steps in between. Let's say I want to go from Episode 1 to Episode 8, all i had to do was press for 1 second...... NO :smileysad: i end up somewhere at 10 or 11 and if I hold it too long i am ending up at 15 or even 23

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honored Contributor
DeVicious

YAAAY \o/ got it :-)

Community VIP
JoeySmyth

[ Edited ]

Ive never had jumping thumbnails...

But there is a WD Coding Blunder in  rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

<ctrlgrp>
    <include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
    <include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
    <linebreak/>
    <listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="1" _trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="3" hormove="1" />
</ctrlgrp>

should be ....

<ctrlgrp>
    <include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
    <include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
    <linebreak/>
    <listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="1" turbo_trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="3" hormove="1" />
</ctrlgrp>

Play around with the numeric values to tweak it.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

Honored Contributor
DeVicious

Yeah i figured it was that, I had "35"  hehe :-)

Community VIP
JoeySmyth

Doh!

Honored Contributor
DeVicious

lol

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD