Did the Front Row theme ever see the light of day

I’ve just bought a WD TV Live and am looking at the themes available.  I absolutely love the Front Row theme:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Front-Row-New-Theme/td-p/331463

Does anyone know if this was ever released in the end?

If it was released, it’s not compatible with what you purchased.

Quote from Author’s Thread Page(1):

INTRODUCTION

This is a ‘Moviesheet’ based Theme and has been developed for the WDTV Live Hub and NOT the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP).

The Theme has been designed to run using Firmware version 2.07.17 and will not be updated to run on any current Firmware until PNG/JPG issue is resolved by WD developers. Sorry.

Thanks Joey

I know some hub themes seem to work on the SMP.  I’d like to give it a go just for fun :slight_smile:

I couldn’t seem to find a download for it on that thread.  Has it been withdrawn?

Seems strange how WD don’t support alpha PNGs.  Its like IE6 all over again!

Apologies  … 

Quote: “Seems strange how WD don’t support alpha PNGs.”

The PNGs renamed to JPG trick worked for all Hub Firmware up to 2.07.17 until some genius at WD decided to change how the entire caching system works … which broke the display of PNG’s with Alpha Transparency for Thumbnails and Sheets… for GOOD. 

I can Guarantee 99.9 % The PNG issue will NEVER be fixed or resolved for the WDTV Live Hub. 

“It’s too late in the Game”   as someone said …  :wink: 

and as another person said…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/Issues_LiveHub/article-id/62/page/3#comments

by jubei04 on 07-19-2012 01:50 PM

Unless this has not been fixed with the current firmware, we will close this issue out due to its age.

Good one… we requested that it be fixed and resolved many times & by many people… time passed … WD did nothing

and because too much time has passed … the issue is CLOSED

Thanks Joey

Shame about the PNG issue.  But for the low cost of the SMP I’m pretty impressed with what it does and the great online community here.

Sorry about misreading your reply earlier.  I have M.E. so reading can be a challenge sometimes.  Especially with the white text on blue background.  Consider me told off.  I shall now Google the word ‘if’.