Create theme path using Command prompt & telnet?

Hey guys

I want my SMP to display linksheets.

I have the latest firmware installed.

I have been successfully running GBBM off of a usb (using the latest wdlxtv firmware) & my linksheets display fine.

However, some films stutter & pause when using wdlxtv (they play fine when I unplug the usb stick & run the official firmware).

So my aim is to change the theme path so that GBBM is booted from my usb stick & I can display linksheets but I will be using the official firmware.

I have been following this guide found on the forum:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Getting-around-the-30MB-theme-limit-and-repointing-the-SMP-to/td-p/631463

After attempting to set the theme path I reboot my SMP but it is still at the default theme.

When I look under ‘appearance’, it states my theme path that I entered in Command Prompt.

I think that I may be entering the theme path slightly wrong.

My USb is identified as: /tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA

The folder that I created on my USB was: wdtv_​themes

So I assumed my theme path would be: config_tool -c THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA.wdtv_​themes

However, this doesn’t seem to work.

Any help?

this is all over my head, but KAD79 is about the only person that could help you with this

but i did notice one thing, the path is missing a missing forward slash ?  :neutral_face:

bird06 wrote:

My USb is identified as: /tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA
So I assumed my theme path would be:

config_tool -c THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA.wdtv_​themes

config_tool -c THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA/.wdtv_​themes 

Thanks Joey, I tried that but no luck.

According to the instructions I don’t have the GBBM theme in a folder named .theme (the way I used to do it when using WDLXTV firmware).

Instead, I just paste the theme into the folder named wdtv_themes

Do you know whether this is correct?

Thanks

i have no idea sorry :cry:… i have a WDTV Live Hub which supports Linksheets ‘out of the box’  (well … inside the box on the 1TB HDD)

keep asking KAD in the WDLXTV forums (as you have) that’s the best place to ask for “Unofficial Support”

Usb device name telnet.png

Here is a screen shot of my usb name.

In CMD I am typing:

config_tool -c THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA/.wdtv_​themes

Anything wrong?

Thanks

After checking the path I got:

TELNET.jpg

bird06 (or masty)  wrote:

However, some films stutter & pause when using wdlxtv (they play fine when I unplug the usb stick & run the official firmware).

dunno, have you tried the previous version of wdlxtv ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g58ydlza8v8u2dg/2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.0.8-1.zip