CoCo (Preview / Pre-beta release) - UPDATED 9/08/12

I think now we have also the musicplayer in CoCo design.

And a great player it is too!

This looks like a great theme. How is the speed in relation mochi? I’m not crazy about making a bunch of moviesheets but if it would help speed up the user interface and look like this I might be tempted. Just out of curiousity why doesn’t anyone make themes that don’t use moviesheets? Not complaining here just interested.

Speed is pretty good, I always take that into consideration when developing a theme (although WD can take those considerations and throwing them out the widow by messing up the FW).  Compared to the Mochi theme you probably want notice that much difference, the speed should be as good or better.

“Just out of curiousity why doesn’t anyone make themes that don’t use moviesheets? Not complaining here just interested.”

Themers preference.:wink:

1 Like

Cool, thanks. My main gripe with speed on Mochi is the backdrops take forever to load so I usually leave them off. Is your backdrop effect generated in the same way or did you pull it from a moviesheet?

Just after I asked about the moviesheets I noticed at least 2 other themes that do not use them so I guess “everybody” was a poor choice of words. I was just wondering if there was limitations in what could be done without them or if they simply expedited the process of theming. Knowing almost nothing about xml coding I would still assume that the moviesheets are a means to complete the vision and not a shortcut. Is that safe to say? Anyway, lovely work I could see this being my theme as soon as it is complete. Thanks for all the effort.

TW nice work as usual …

hey TW, VERY NICE I THINK.
long time nothing more read from you. I hope you’ll stay with us for more. such a shame with DeVicious. do not follow him. but if you are, I could understand it.

Hey mMcCorner,

Yep, I’m stil here and still working on themes.  I’ve just been really busy dealing with work and other things right now, but I will be back developing and posting updates soon (when time premits).

FIY DeVicious is a girl.:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer.
You make all the great work.
I have fun with your Themes.
Luckily I have also Black Mambe from “her” (sorry did not know that she is female). I also love Aeonish from Joey (he is male, or?). And your theme is also great for me.
Do not be discouraged
without you, the hub would be worth only half.

here from Germany with google english - THANK YOU :slight_smile:

Hi all. I really LOVE the look of this theme. I have only had my SMP a few weeks and I’ve loaded a couple of themes so I know how to get them loaded and generate moviesheets with Thumbgen at least.

Question is: Want to confirm if CoCo theme is compatible with WDTV Live (Gen 3) box?? I tried loading the theme and it loaded and I looked at the test samples but they didn’t align quite right and some stuff in the displays was off my screen. Just trying to confirm whether I should not use this theme on the SMP or whether I probably did something wrong loading the theme or the moviesheets.

Thanks … Rob

goldberg96 wrote:

Hi all. I really LOVE the look of this theme. I have only had my SMP a few weeks and I’ve loaded a couple of themes so I know how to get them loaded and generate moviesheets with Thumbgen at least.

Question is: Want to confirm if CoCo theme is compatible with WDTV Live (Gen 3) box?? I tried loading the theme and it loaded and I looked at the test samples but they didn’t align quite right and some stuff in the displays was off my screen. Just trying to confirm whether I should not use this theme on the SMP or whether I probably did something wrong loading the theme or the moviesheets.

Thanks … Rob

Works fine on my SMP although I only use Small Grid View for my movies, if you want to use movisheets see Tinwarbles post on the SMP forum for Coco at link below :

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/CoCo-Preview-release-UPDATED-9-08-12/td-p/445494

Cheers

@golberg96,

All themes work on both the SMP and HUB, however, as stated in the above post, you should be using the version and posting SMP question in the SMP CoCo thread.

If you are having issues though, you should follow this tutorial: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

This is for my Darklight and Mojo themes, but the setup is the same for CoCo.

ok, thanks …

probably better to keep this discussion to the relevant thread

but assuming you’ve named the image correctly and added the correct xml entry

you might need to clear the media library

gerdk wrote:

Hi Tinwarble

i use your coco Theme its great - i test the gallery view with the linksheet option (only the Folder View), but

i won’t works grrr…

I add this line

and i but the image without the .* in the Theme folder but i don’t see an (e.g Action) pic on the left side.

have you an idea for me?

Regards

Gerd

Why are you posting here about linksheets?  This version is not made for  linksheets.

And why are you adding lines?  There is already a version for linksheets in the thread titled “CoCo (Linksheets)”.

Tinwarble, 

Amazing work. Coco is simple, elegant with mindfulness toward speed. Nicely done! I had to reduce the screen to 90% in display settings of the HUB to get  the text not to get cut off on the left hand side of the screen. 

The consistency you keep from theme to theme help reduce the learning curve. 

Thank you for the work you do.

Any NEW updates to this theme??

Not yet. I’ll try to have something soon though, as soon as I have some time.

New PC working OK? Just curious…I just did a redo on mine. Hard drive took a dump.

Yep, every things up and running. Did a fresh OS install, so I’m still trying to get all my programs reinstalled.

New IB i5 3570K is a lot faster than my old dual-core E5200 so I’m really happy about that. I’ve got to wait until I get a new CPU cooler (still using stock cooler) before I can do any OC to see what I can really get out of this thing.

Thanks for asking.