CoCo (Linksheet)

This is a version of CoCo using the “Linksheet” method discovered by SMP user KAD79.

DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE - ADVANCED USERS ONLY-------(You should know how to use Thumbgen. There is no guide for this theme and will not be for some time.)

*FOR USE WITH FIRMWARE 3.xx.xx (DO NOT USE WITH EARLIER FIRMWARE)

*Uses static moviesheet and folder sheets (full sheet)

*All sheets have to be in the root of the theme folder (must use sheet templates I provide)

*Sheets can be displayed for local and NAS files

*Files/Folders must have a unique name. Files and foldes with the same name will display the same sheet. (ie: If you have a SD movie and a BD movie with same name it will display the same moviesheet for both)

*XML’s are no longer used. You will need to delete (backing up your xmls is recommend) in order to keep scrolling speed from being affected.

*View Info will no longer be avaiable. This is a sacrifice of using this method due to having xml data affects speed.

Gallery View

Alt - Gallery View with Studio Logo

Preview View

Video View

LargeVideo view

List View

Folder sheets

This is still in development, so keep that in mind before posting.

COCO THEME --------   Download  (Make sure to read the “READ ME” file in the download.  If you don’t read the read me file and ask a question that I have already addressed in the file, I will send a program to your computer that will cause your mouse to jump up and slap you aside your head :smileyvery-happy:.)

COCO TG TEMPLATES ------ Download  UPDATED 11/24/12 (Yes you need these.  There are 4 different templates in this download.  2 for movies with & without studio logos and 2 for TV Shows with & without studio logos).

FONTS FOR TEMPLATES----- Download  (If you don’t have the fonts Narkisim and Square721 BT, then you will need to install these).

COCO FOLDERSHEETS & XCF (PSD) -----  Download   (You also will need this if you want foldersheets and have it look correct with the rest of the theme)

COCO TG COVERBOX TEMPLATE -----  Download  (Yes you need this too)

MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR YOUR MEDIA LIBRARY AFTER ADDING MOVIESHEETS OR MAKING ANY CHANGES.

12 Likes

Yes!

The template now includes Media Flags? … :smiley:

I AM CHOMPING AT THE BIT!!

A whole new world of themeing is about to begin!

THIS IS BIG!

i love it

looks very good, probably the gallery view can use som “fillers” but i think it is very neat the way the other views look

You noticed the important note from KAD79 and really immediately  understood the potential of it.

Thanks (again) Tin,  all themers have new dimensions with that .

Well, (now just) on the hub, ehm … ,

what do you think of giving something like a path to an external USB drive directly in the xml of the theme for the SMP ? 

Of course I have voted for KAD79’s idea, well to wait for WD means to wait for a long time or forever.

Steffen_2009 wrote:

what do you think of giving something like a path to an external USB drive directly in the xml of the theme for the SMP ? 

Yeah, I’ve already thought about that.  But unfortunately there is no way (at least not directly) to set paths for variables.

well actually you can set the path to an image anywhere on the system

if you know the path

but the bigger problem is that it’s not possible to create dynatic variables like @@Name

so the path would look something like /tmp/media/usb/USB1140//whatever.jpg

which is not usefull for moviesheets

because it would always point to the same image

& every user would have to insert their own UUID in the xml pages

Yeah, that’s what I meant.:wink:

What I meant is that you can’t set something like “/tmp/media/usb/USB1140/…/@browse_text”, which would point to a specific location for the variable.

Setting a specific location is not a problem, and much easier on the HUB.  But having a path for the variable doesn’t work.

DeVicious wrote:

i love it

looks very good, probably the gallery view can use som “fillers” but i think it is very neat the way the other views look

I’m not sure how “filler” helps?

Tinwarble wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

i love it

I’m not sure how “filler” helps?

I think a better filler would be a 2nd or even a 3rd row of movie covers

drizzt09 wrote:> I think a better filler would be a 2nd or even a 3rd row of movie covers

Ummmmm…you mean like the other views already have.

The whole purpose of having only one row is to be able to see the background image.  That’s like saying, “I really like the picture I have on my wall, I just wish that I had something covering it.”

1 Like

Tinwarble:

Looks perfect to me. When will we be able to get this great theme

Thanks Xtreme56,

And, how about now.

Bump for RELEASE.  Just remember, this is still in development.

1 Like

Nice.

Ok everything backed up.

Just trying a TV Series folder at the moment, have your TV template, and eventually got it working and I have 6 PNG files in a folder on my drive.

I am going to look stupid here, but I put the folder sheets into the theme folder, and then put my PNGs where ? How does the hub jnow where these files are, as surely there is only 1 theme folder and thats in the root of the Live Hub drive ?

All foldersheets and moviesheets must be copied to the ROOT of the theme folder (same place as the xml files)

What XML files, they were always in the root of a drive or a folder ?

All foldersheets and moviesheets must be copied to the ROOT of the theme folder (same place as the xml files)

here’s an extra wording that you may understand better …

All foldersheets and moviesheets must be copied to the ROOT of the CoCo (Linksheet) theme folder (same place as the xml files)

Okdok thanks Joey.

Lets try making it simpler for people like myself and others.

I understand creating sheets in TG and a trial has been done. So I place my newly created PNG files into the root of Theme folder (Coco Linksheet). How does a folder in an attached drive “Link” with these moviesheets ?

Tin has made some Genre pictures, where do they go ?

How does a folder in an attached drive “Link” with these moviesheets ?

Via Magic :smiley:

(I don’t understand how it works, but it does … i just accept the fact)

Tin has made some Genre pictures, where do they go ?

If they are Jpg Poster Folder Images … then the same place they always have

(if the are Genre Moviesheets … then into the Theme folder they go … “No File Extension”)

I explained the procedure as simple as i could here: bottom of page (1)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/A-WallSheet-Video-Demo/td-p/503864

Wow…it does work…how the heck ?

So by fluke you save the thumbnails to the mkv/ts/m2ts folder as normal.

edit - maybe not. Its only displaying the first thumbnail in a TV series folder…well it displays them all in certain views…strange

edit 2 - bizarre after a reboot to sort thumbnails out, I suddenly seem to have about 143 copies of  a 10 ep series in a TV folder ?

edit 3 - Ahh I see what you mean any name can have a sheet. Just renamed WDLiveHub without .jpg and dumped that in the Theme folder, and left the .jpg on the one in the root of the Hub drive, nice…

edit 4 - I also see you have to save the xcf to a Png for the non extension for the root (when making your own), and Jpg for the folder.

Mmmm struggling a little here.

Seem to be back to the folder.jpgs issue, I have a folder called Bluray 03. So I have a Bluray 03.jpg in the root of the folder, and Bluray 03 (no extension) in the root of the Themes folder, all good and it has what I want on the left hand side.

But when I try and create a folder.jpg inside the root of Bluray 03, it does not show, then it does for large icons, or when its small it shows a blown up version of the other jpg.

Is there a simpler way of doing this ?

wdtvhub wrote:

Mmmm struggling a little here.

Seem to be back to the folder.jpgs issue, I have a folder called Bluray 03. So I have a Bluray 03.jpg in the root of the folder, and Bluray 03 (no extension) in the root of the Themes folder, all good and it has what I want on the left hand side.

But when I try and create a folder.jpg inside the root of Bluray 03, it does not show, then it does for large icons, or when its small it shows a blown up version of the other jpg.

Is there a simpler way of doing this ?

Why are you creating a Bluray 03.jpg for the folder?  All folder thumbs should be named folder.jpg not using the name of the folder.

Bluray 03 (folder)

folder.jpg (thumb)