Advisor
lespaul00
Accepted Solution

Beginner's Guide to Installing Themes and Moviesheets?

Hello,

I purchased a WD TV Live Hub yesterday.  It's pretty cool.  I plan to use it primarily for Netflix, Pandora, and accessing media on my NAS.  

I've been reading a lot online (as well as checking out some YouTube videos) about the interface capabilities of using "themes" and "moviesheets" to have cooler displays of movies located in the WD Hub HD or NAS.  However, I have no idea how to download and install existing themes and moviesheets out there on the net.

I'm sure it's been explained before.  However, i'm not a programmer.  Is there a guide somewhere that provides some cool themes/moviesheets for download, and has a detailed "walkthrough" of installing and getting them to work on the WD TV Live Hub?  

I know this sounds a bit like "hand-holding", and I apologize.  I just see some pretty cool things that some people have done with these moviesheets and I would love to be able to bring them to my living room?

Examples of moviesheets here: http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/Moviesheet-Theme-List/td-p/214008

Thank you very much.

Trusted Contributor
TheCoolDude

Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Themes and Moviesheets?

Hi lespaul.
I would recommend that you follow the instructions from this link http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/Mojo-1-09-04-MS-Moviesheet-version/m-p/213476/message-uid/213476#...

Hope it help.
Advisor
lespaul00

Thanks a bunch!  I figured this was outlined (numerous times before) somewhere!  

I'm working out a few "bugs",... but will get there.

Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor
TheCoolDude

No problem lespaul.
I have been using the Mojo theme and MSP template without problems. I also created a new TV Series episode template.

Have fun theming and don't hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck. :smileyhappy:
Advisor
lespaul00

Thanks!  Well, with your help on the other post, I think I have the movies straight.  You read my mind... I was looking for something similar for TV Shows too.  Do you know of any good tutorials (like the mojo moviesheet tutorial) that exists?  I've been searching the forum and found some things... but nothing to get be through ThumbGen.  Anything to get me into the right direction would be great.

Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor
TheCoolDude

Sorry but there is no tutorial for TV Series that I know of.  But the process is very similar.  It is just a matter of using the right template for the right moviesheet.

I will upload my template and profile for Thumbgen on Mediafire and post the links here later.

Honored Contributor
Tinwarble

Actually I do have a tutorial for TV shows, however, it is old and has not been updated for what TG can do now.  But it should at least get you started. 

You can download it from HERE.

I like vanilla icecream.........yeah, I said it and I don't care who knows.
Trusted Contributor
TheCoolDude

Here are the links for the template and profile I use.

Download Mojo TV Episode Cover Templates  from HERE

Download MSP TV Series Sheet Profile  from HERE

Hope it work.

Thanks to Tinwarble  for his original templates.

Advisor
lespaul00

Thanks for the tutorial link.  I will take a shot at this.

Any chance you know if a tutorial exists that is current, and considers the features available in the latest ThumbGen?

Thanks!

Advisor
lespaul00

How about cover art for music videos?

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD