Anodized Trickle Theme (beta)

This is PsychoTHC’s Anodized Theme with my Trickle modifications.  This is a beta version, the Original release will be in my theme that I’m working on, but since it’s not close to being ready yet, I’ve imbedded my mods in PsychoTHC’s theme for now.

READ ME BEFORE USING.

To use this theme with with the Trickle and reflections you will need to make your icons a certain size for it to display correctly.  Folder icons can’t be used with reflections, due to a limitation in the firmware, but need to be 185 X 278 for them to display correctly (although larger icons should also display correctly as long as you keep the same ratio).

For the Cover art to display correctly, they need to be 185 X 349 (this is actually having the icon as 185 X 278 without the reflection and 185 X 349 with the reflection, if that make any sense).  You could use larger icons with the same ratio, but  you will probably get overscanning with the larger (poster) icon.

To make your Coverart with reflections, I have already included Thumbgen Cover box templates with this Theme which will output the Coverart icons the correct size to work with this theme.  Just copy them to your Thumbgen template folder.  To get the reflections to work, you have to use the same method used to create transparent Moviesheets.

Set Thumbgen to output the Coverboxes as png’s, then manually change the extension to jpg.

Also, I have included a Trickle test folder, you can copy this to your HUBs internal dirve, then see how the reflections work.  Select the Test4 Folder, which is the only folder that contains movie coverart, to see how the reflections look.  Once you decide that you want to use it with the reflections, you can start making your new coverart icons using Thumbgen, but I would backup your original icons, so that if things should change and you need them, you don’t have get them again, you can just copy and replace the one’s you have made with the reflections.

So without any further adieu, here it is:

ANODIZED / TRICKLE MOD

Hope you enjoy! :wink:

4 Likes

thanks

trying it out now

Thanks TW

I just have a live wd tv live hub, is there anything that can help me the steps using this sheetmovie, thanks

This is a Theme for the WD Live HUB, just follow the directions above.  If you need help using Thumbgen to make the Cover boxes for this theme, you can find several Tutorials HERE.  If you get stuck, let me know and I’ll try to walk you through it.

If your new to the HUB, just download the zip file from the link up, then unzip it to your PC.  From your PC, copy the “Anodized 3.24.05 TW Trickle (beta)” folder to the “wd.tv/Theme” folder on the HUB.  Then from your HUB, go to Setup/Appearence/User Interface Themes, then select the Theme and Apply it.

how do u change to coverboxs to png on thumbgen, all it has is .jpg and it will not let me change it to png

nevermind i got it, wow this is awsome job, thank you.

Glad you got it figured out, but for anyone else that needs to know, in Thumbgen go to Options, then Input/Output naming, then change the extension to png. 

I just set as png, for “Extra Moviesheet” so I don’t have to change it, then select Extra Moviesheet when I need to make the thumbnails for the reflection cover boxes.

Thanks Tinwarble for this theme, lots to test out today

PS just had a look at your custom coverbox templates amazing work, when i get the time i will add them asap to my Mega Template pack… (just got to edit them to change the path of the boxes to the common folder)

Yeah, extremedigital, if I can only find time to test them all. :smileyvery-happy:  I’m still working on my theme, so it doesn’t leave me much time to test others out.  I have found that I’m spending more time trying to change the look than I am actually using my HUB to watch anything.

Anyway, do what you have to with the coverboxes, really I just threw them together so that I could get the reflections on my mod to work. (By the way, the BR one is not mine, I didn’t have time to do one so I just used one from somewhere else, can’t remember where).

Hi Tinwarble, i know what you mean about spending more time theming than actually using the Hub for its primary function.

A few quick thoughts… I really like your theme its a real professional job.

I would prefer the plot to to centred to the left as this gives your more useable space…

The theme works perfect with normal coverbox so thanks alot, i will also try out your templates later on today…

In all honesty i am really tempted to try and convert your theme to moviesheet use…i know you will get nasty side effects as your theme is written for metadata…

***EDIT*** converted your theme to work with moviesheets and i’m very happy with it…

excellent

I modified once again the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

→   <image image=“@@poster” x=“54” y=“150” w=“185” h=“339” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100”/>

with that, I can use your template with mirror effect and my other template for tvshow

but the most important : Thank you :smiley:

Yes, the scale 100 will be in Official Release when I get it out.  I meant to do it in this version after I had remodified my overlay to use the entire reflection, but just haven’t gotten around to it.  Once I do that then you’ll be able to use Cover Boxes with reflection at pretty much any size as long as you keep the ratio.

And your welcome.

Why can not I make a movie sheet? if you use the template in thumbgen? and why my movie metadata does not appear on the wdtv live hub?

I’m not sure what you are asking, you need to be a little more detailed in what you are doing.

However, this theme does NOT use Moviesheets, ONLY Cover boxes.

Hi Tinwarble, hope you don’t mind i converted your amazing theme …

you can download from my thread, please tell me what you think

No, I don’t mind.

Which thread though, I didn’t see it.

Hi Tinwarble

you can download from here

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/ExtremeMix-Mega-Hub-Theme-Pack-2-5/m-p/153280#M891

i be really interested to see what you think of it

TW got this running and it’s exactly how I like it!!

The problem I have is that I have 300+ covers to convert to show with the colour cases, is there a quicker way in Thumbgen (i.e.bulk?) .

I created a photoshop action that works or be it a little crude but it doesn’t save that much time.

Any Suggestions as I’ve lost the will to live doing them 1 at a time.

Cheers

Tony 

No, there’s really no quickway.  I feel for you though, I had to do 600+.  It took me about 2 days and I was still working on xml’s and trying to do the overlays for the other views.:cry:

extremed,

I’ll check it out when I get a chance, thanks.  I’m also going to work on some other coverboxes as soon as I get a chance, and I’m thinking of doing something for the CD coverart and adding reflections for those also.  I’ve got a lot going on right now so it maybe a little while before I get to everything.

TW. I really like your mods. Unfortunately, my vision isn’t that good anymore. I’ve been using a modified movie sheet with 20 (point?) font for the plot text. I have reasonable skills so just tell me what and where to increase font in gallery plot metadata display.