Anodized Customised Moviesheet THEMES!:

Can i ask a question?

Can we change the background image of the theme and put this for example?  http://i53.tinypic.com/x0wq43.jpg

I liked the backgrounds of the wd live more…Is there a way?

Thanks!

yes u can change the background 

Yes, just load the pic on the hub and set it as background.

Should work fine!

Yeah changing the background is actually one of the most simple things to do…

1. Make a folder on the Hub internal drive called it ‘Backgrounds’ for example

2. Copy your background photos into that folder .

3. Goto Settings ----> Appearance ----> Change background

4. Set to your desired photo

For a more ‘permanent’ change of background goto the theme folder on the Hub

Goto Image folder and overwrite RV-BG.jpg with your desired background (make sure your background jpg is 1280x720) 

I believe that if you use one of your photos you have to first set it to be a background (in my experience it want show up under Appearace —>  Change background until you set it first).

You have to select Photos, then find the image you want as your background, then Press the Option button on the remote, then scroll down to Set as Background.

Thank you very much for your quick response!

Keep up the good work guys!

I tried again the cover tricke template with the fourth season of Eurêka (only 10 episodes)

the size of every jpg generated is 80ko (low quality and 1280x720)

and…

It’s very very very very slow :cry:

Then i deduce, the hub has a problem to render thumbnails with 1280 X 720 dimension when placed a single folder.

Else, single sheets display quite fast!

That’s awful, for such a device which has so much potential :S

perhaps this problem  can be resolved with a new firmware?

I just hope someone from WD read this post!

I hope too

back to the excellent tvdb xml fetcher

I don’t want to make folder for each episode :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm yes it looks like the Hub has issues when you have multiple files in one folder…

I don’t use this method for movies BUT for tv series i totally understand why this is better…As if you have a complete series you can easily generate the cover tickle sheets for the entire season

I have not tested multiple sheets myself so i will do so and see what can be done…

Quick question do you have the backdrops enabled or disabled ?

i modify the xml to not have backdrop loading. Only the jpg

with a sad result…

default  background  too

I hope WD will manage folder xml in the future

i

extremedigital wrote:

Hmmm yes it looks like the Hub has issues when you have multiple files in one folder…

I don’t use this method for movies BUT for tv series i totally understand why this is better…As if you have a complete series you can easily generate the cover tickle sheets for the entire season

I have not tested multiple sheets myself so i will do so and see what can be done…

Quick question do you have the backdrops enabled or disabled ?

i’ve totally rip off the backdrops…the same happens

The problem is when you have multiple sheets in one folder… it lags!

normal sized thumbnails work well.

i’m quite dissapointed…

we must report this problem to the firmware subject

if a good english writer is motivated :stuck_out_tongue:

I Will try to update the tutorial by latest this weekend with the new thumbgen!

Anyway for those who like the transparent moviesheets, with backdrops appearing/rotating/dissapearing…

generate the xml file via the hub or use theRoggy’s tool

or you can generate the xml with thumbgen but then you have to manually edit the file and add tags…

And Do as said in the tutorial in the first post. (Don’t forget about the renaming of the .png file)

For those who want only a static background, generate the moviesheet as a .jpg file with a fanart/backdrop from thumbgen itself!

:wink:

patatozor wrote:

we must report this problem to the firmware subject

if a good english writer is motivated :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve created a thread in the firmware section. I hope  wd finds a solution.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Big-Thumbnails-Bug/m-p/133254

@ firetix and extremedigital and the other cracks…

The availible tutorial, how to use thumbgen to customize wdtv live hub might be a little outdated with the new version 1.2.4 of thumbgen. Might it be possible to get a updated tutorial  on youtube or via pdf.

Think a lot has changed due to the hub support of thumbgen right now.

Thanx for your efforts in advance…

ok, i will  upload an updated version  by latest this weekend!

I would wait on making a new tutorial, I was going to but I believe TG is going to have a newer, more compatible version out fairly soon.  In which will generate the year correctly and generate the backgrounds. 

So to keep from have to do double the work, you might want to wait for the next release.

Yeah good suggestion  I will wait

• the logic is the same with the latest version…

→ you just don’t need to manually create the dummy files.

with the latest version, in options–>input/output naming

in Movieinfo export just select .xml and Export using WDTV Live Hub format(but note: backdrops links are not generated) so you may want to generate non transparent movie sheets…

in Main Moviesheet select .jpg (.png for transparent one… but then after generating the movie sheet rename to a .jpg file)

for xml files with backdrops… you can add the backdrops manually e.g. http://link.com/image.jpg

or simply use the roggy’s Excellent tool

generate dummy file at MUST BE CHECKED

Remember to keep your file name simple… as i’ve noticed that if you have something like that…

movie.mkv

movie.jpg

movie.mkv_sheet.mkv

movie.mkv_sheet.jpg

movie.xml

The sheet will display.

But if you have something like this

movie 2010.brrip.x264.mkv

movie.jpg

movie 2010.brrip.x264.mkv_sheet.mkv

movie 2010.brrip.x264.mkv_sheet.jpg

movie.xml

The sheet may not display… and if so just add an xml file for the sheet…

eg. movie 2010.brrip.x264.mkv_sheet.xml

Now just do you usual steps for the generations of covers/thumbnails/moviesheets…

Got a question for you guys.

I would like to use similar theme [the below theme is DVD2, I like DVD3 better] to the one in Image1:

Using the blank space at the bottom to have the same as the bottom part of Image2:

Now I want all the images across the bottom to be like the green box in image2 [How to train a dragon] and not like the yellow box [inception].

Now I do not use the dummy file and I am using TG 1.2.4.

I would love this to happen with each movie being in their folder but this would be a firmware issue as I am understanding. So I have moved a select movies outside their respective folders into 1 folder for testing this feature.

There are a bunch of these type of themes that have that extra space at the bottom that could also take advantage of this feature.

Anyone able to help me on this idea? Thnks