Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Hi Mollybc,

I really like the look of your covers do you have a template for them that you can share with everyone.

thanks.

Hi again everybody & thanks for your feedback regarding my problem with slow-loading-

movie covers and also reloading when I returned to a previous page.

I´ve done some more tests now and this time I had my movies (demo folder) on a rather slow usb-stick.

And the results are amazing. As mollybc said: “When the SMP is first attached to the USB drive it does take several seconds for the SMP to cache the covers from the drive for each page, but after that it loads them all instantly with each page change”. It´s exactly like that for me now, VERY nice indeed!!

Strange though since I had a pretty fast NAS and a gigabit connection/router etc…something makes it wanna reload each page. Well there´s no chance I´m going back to that now when I´ve seen how fast it should be :slight_smile:

Gonna get me some BIG USB-drives now…

@sceeter

No problem with sharing.  All the credit for the covers goes to DeVicious as she did all the work and I just made some adjustments.  So you just need to download her Black Mamba Thumbgen templates (you can get them  HERE if you don’t have them).  I used the “Movie2 Thumb ResInfo” as my mainsheet in Thumgen and then simply modded the Template.xml file to add the sound format and resolution at the top of the cover image.  Here’s a link for the files Black Mamba Thumbgen Modded Files.  Just replace the original template.xml file under thumbgen templates for “Movie2 Thumb ResInfo” and replace the images in the “sound_format” folder under the common folder for the Black Mamba Thumbgen template.  I simply modded the original images in photoshop with a small black edge and a white fill so they would show up better.

I do know that Thumbgen will only use the correct cover (i.e. DVD or BluRay) if the movie file is inside a folder with either DVD or BluRay in the folder name.  So for me I have all my bluray movies in a folder called “Movies (BluRay)” and my dvds in a folder called “Movies (DVD)” on the computer I use for all my ripping, handbrake and Thumbgen.  I then transfer the files to the USB drive I attach to the SMP in a single folder b/c I like being able to browse thru the whole collection but still know what movies are BluRay and which are DVD.  Hope it helps :smiley:

Hi Mollybc,

Thanks so much this is great.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all there work and efforts its greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, i’m using mollybc modded 18 resurface xml, i got the thumbs working and all looks good, the only issue im having is the date is not showing it just shows N/A, this is for all movies i generate.  I’m using thumbgen.  The date is setup as dd.MM.yyyy in thumbgen any help would be great.

Working on an Alaska Resurface “Revision”

* New Menu Operation  See Youtube link below…

(also have worked on Templates for the end user to customize your own icons)

* Added Weather Icons to Main Menu
* Redesign of all Poster Frames … (still rounded but now have a drop shadow effect … may add glass shine later).

* Minor Background Brightness Increase (10-20%)
* Minor Speed Opimization on all views.

Note: Red Highlighter is absent from Video Browse View due to lack of time. It will be back in the Final Version*

(Firefox Users … Right Click “View Image” for a Larger Image View)

Youtube Video of  Main Menu, Video Browse, Large Video Browse and List View (200 Movies)
Video Recorded from DVD with WDTV Live Hub Firmware 2.07.17 with Media on Internal HDD, Media Library ON
Remote Control Navigation Button pressed and held down. 

(* Note the Page Counter at top left of Screen … to guage seconds per poster speed)

http://youtu.be/uaIChCOwFIU

(Have not done Music Browse,Music Playback,PhotoBrowsem,Large PhotoBrowse,Settings Menus,Online Service etc etc etc … next week)

4 Likes

@sceeter

Date Format for the WDTV Live Hub is …  2007-10-19

Check your Thumbgen settings.

(This Information is Based on Firmware 2.07.17)

Great youtube video, can’t wait for the download link.

I have a question. At about 2 minutes and 21 seconds in your video you get the view with 12 covers (2 rows of 6 covers). At the moment (beta 2) you have a red marker around the covers so that you can see what you select. I see you changed something with this view, the red marker is gone.

The video is quit fast, I can’t see what you did now. Is it besides looking at the title possible to see what cover you have selected in this view? I use this view all the time and I would really miss it if you took this out of your theme.

And I love the weather icons in the main menu, looking great!

@dutchuser

The RED highlighter is a new png graphic with different image dimensions, which i didnt have time to re-adjust and align the x and y co-ords.  

So for the Demo Video i removed it …

Dont fret, it will be back.

You are the best JoeySmyth!

Looks great as usual Joey…very much looking forward to seeing how you were able to get the main menu icons to increase when selected.  Did you use a new main focused icon larger than the non-focused or were you able to scale the non-focused icon?  Either way looks really great.

Hi Joey,

thanks for the quick response, tried what you suggested but still no luck not sure whats happening.

thanks for the help.

sceeter wrote:

Hi Joey,

thanks for the quick response, tried what you suggested but still no luck not sure whats happening.

thanks for the help.

in thumbgen - options - general - custom date format should look like this yyyy-MM-dd. then generate the xml again

@Slezz

that worked thanks so much.

Joey I’m still using this theme - which is praise indeed! I have usually gone back to using the default after a few days of  trying the other themes.

One issue I’ve found is when I go to Setup > Network > Check Connection. When I check the connection the three items IP address etc. change from the red X to the black background - it doesn’t show a green check mark, even though the screen says that the Network connection check passed. Anybody else have this problem?

I’d also like to ask if it would be possible to add a progress bar and track count (Track 1 of 13) to the audio player if it would be possible in the next version.

Thank for your hard work Joey.

badmem wrote:

One issue I’ve found is when I go to Setup > Network > Check Connection. When I check the connection the three items IP address etc. change from the red X to the black background - it doesn’t show a green check mark, even though the screen says that the Network connection check passed. Anybody else have this problem?

Same thing happens in the AEonisch Hub theme also made by JoeySmyth.

Maybe Joey used the same code in this theme …

Ok, found why no Green Checkmark …

I Replaced the Orginal

With this (which is used in the Setup Screens)  it’s waaay over there ----- >

Here’s a quickfix … had to make the RED CROSS the same Dimension as the Cyan Check Mark

https://hotfile.com/dl/163029958/7d63bad/CheckConnection.rar.html

Copy and replace all xml and images…

This Quickfix is for Aeonish…

To use this with Alaska edit the XML and replace text color values to BLACK eg. from this: textcolor=“0xe2e2e2”  to this textcolor=“0x000000

Will fix it all up properly later. (it’s a “Quickfix” because it’s 8am morning and i have to go to work.)

Thank you Joey! in both themes it works.

Just a few things:

In the xml you left out

and

<image image=“image/setup_about_divide.png”   x=“274” y=“541” w=“737” h=“1”/>

To have the “about background” i included line two in your xml.

Also added the first line which points to decoration.xml. In decoration.xml there is this line:

I added decoration.xml to the beta theme and removed this line so the default weather icon is no longer appearing behind the screens when in setup.

Then a last thingie.

On RV-BG.jpg theres the text MOVIE/VIDEO. This background is used in more screens then just the Movie Gallery. Renaming this file for the gallery to RV_BG_MOVIES.jpg and a copy of New_Firmware_004.png saved as RV-BG.jpg looks better…

Anyways … great job again Joey :smiley:

Edit: typo

JoeySmyth wrote:

Will fix it all up properly later. (it’s a “Quickfix” because it’s 8am morning and i have to go to work.)

Thanks Joey and Medic for the fast response. I don’t use the Check Network Connection function very often, so it’s not a biggie for me. Just thought I’d report it so that you can fix it when you’re updating other things.

Thanks Medic, I will change these small things in my version, I am sure they will be in the next beta or final, but it’s a nice job to do yourself when you have some free time.