Add Movie Ratings/MPAA image to moviesheet

Hi All,

I’ve been slowly but surely personalising my WDTV Live SMP unit with the awesome “Simplicity by DeVicious” theme.

I’ve basically altered the theme to the point where I’m happy with the final result, but i’m stuck on one last part. 

I want to add the movie Rating/Certification/Classification/MPAA image onto the moviesheet for each movie. 

Basically I want to know whether it’s possible for the moviesheet to pick up the movie MPAA from the .xml file (or where ever the data is sourced from) and load the correct image.

This theme automatically picks up the resolution of the movie, and adds the appropriate resolution image onto the moviesheet, but I can’t seem to get it working for the movie MPAA. 

I’m not sure where or how it picks up this data but I believe it comes from these two sections of code.

<ImageElement Name=“Resolution” X=“762” Y=“128” Width=“54” Height=“37” Source=“Base64String” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%RESOLUTION%” NullImageUrl=“” PreserveMetaData=“True” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

comparing your code to one of Moviesheet Templates … it looks slightly different (and i just tested mine… and it works fine)

<ImageElement Name=“Resolution” X=“762” Y=“128” Width=“54” Height=“37” Source=“Base64String” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%RESOLUTION%” NullImageUrl=“” PreserveMetaData=“True” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />

My Code:

<ImageElement Name=“Resolution” X=“366” Y=“294” Width=“47” Height=“20” Source=“Base64String” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%RESOLUTION%” NullImageUrl=“”>

nope … the other code works fine as well (i just tested it)

Check your Thumbgen “Advanced Settings” and make sure “Disable Medinfo Processing” is NOT checked.

and you do have the “Common” Folder ?

common.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I should’ve made my initial post a bit clearer, so my apologies for that.

The code I posted about is the code that is already in the Themes .xml file, which picks up the movies Resolution and generates the correct image for the moviesheet.

I’d like to know how do I modify that code so that I can have the movies MPAA picked up and the correct MPAA image generated for the moviesheet.

Cheers.

please see my edited post above

HeyMoustache wrote:

I’d like to know how do I modify that code so that I can have the movies MPAA picked up and the correct MPAA image  .

MPAA Code: 2 examples … the first one picks the MPAA rating from the “Certification” field in Thumbgen eg.  R

<ImageElement Name=“certcode” X=“67” Y=“292” Width=“96” Height=“23” Source=“File” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%PATH%\certifications%CERTIFICATIONCOUNTRYCODE%_certifications%CERTIFICATION%.png&quot;” NullImageUrl=“%PATH%\certifications%CERTIFICATION%.png”>

This code give the FULL MPAA rating (from the Thumbgen “MPAA” field:  eg. Rated R for language

<ImageElement Name=“certcode” X=“84” Y=“365” Width=“120” Height=“29” Source=“File” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%PATH%\certifications%MPAA%_certifications%MPAA%.png&quot;” NullImageUrl=“%PATH%\certifications%MPAA%.png”>

for more Thumbgen Tokens see here: http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/TG_Templates_Support_Documentation

1 Like

**EDIT** I just saw your post with the MPAA code and will try that now and see how it goes :smileyvery-happy:

I’ve just checked the Thumbgen setting and the “Disable Medinfo Processing” is NOT checked.

So if I understand this correctly, does Thumbgen/moviesheet pull the data for the Resolution & MPAA from the media info stored within the movie file itself, not the .xml file that is created by Thumbgen?

I’ve added the following bits of code to the Theme .xml file, based on the coding for the Resolution.

I’ve got the “Common” folder and created a new folder which holds the MPAA pictures I want to use. The code below should be picking up the correct folder/image.

I’ve then added this bit of code for where the MPAA image will be placed in the moviesheet, the only part of this code I’m not sure on is the “SourceData=”%RATING%". I don’t know if this is correct?

<ImageElement Name=“MPAA” X=“684” Y=“300” Width=“54” Height=“50” Source=“Base64String” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%RATING%” NullImageUrl=“” PreserveMetaData=“True” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />

First of all, thanks a million for your help with my issue!!

So I made some small alterations to the code you provided to finally get the image displayed.

I’ve just tested it and obviously works :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks again for your awesome work, definitely appreciate it!