*A WallSheet Video Demo *

This is a “Video Demo of Experimentation”

* Sheets Displayed Using Discovery by Forum User KAD79

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/td-p/499030

* Sheets are PNG to allow for changing Backdrop Wallpaper
* Sheets are small Resolution Scaled Up for Speed Reasons (Did not want them slower then Normal Posters)
* Sheets for this “Test” are just a Basic Desgin but there is plenty of room to add Certifications,Flags,Year etc

* XML’s and Metadata are still Present (I have not Deleted Them) for Info Views
* This is Exclusively for the WDTV LIve Hub (Sheets for this small Demo + Theme Files Approx: 50MB)

* The 2 Views Modified for WallSheets are Video Browse & Large Video Browse.
* Video Demo using WDTV Live Hub … Firmware Version 2.07.17

YOUTUBE: 4 Minute Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krMtBm5bgEw

* Note: The “Moviesheet Procedure” works for Both the Live Hub and the SMP.

However, (A Big However) “Moviesheets” at this time are stored Locally in the “Theme” Folder.

* SMP Maximum Theme Folder Size is 30MB (Maybe around 40-50 Moviesheets)

* LIVE HUB Maximum Theme Folder Size (in theory) in 1 TERABYTE (Maybe around 100’s & 1000’s)

3 Likes

Brilliant, just 100% brilliant - Want it now!

Seriously though that is fantastic and I would love to try it out.

Any idea when/if you are planning to release it?

Kudos to you and KAD

Hello Joey,

nice to hear from you… 

the Video (Theme) looks absolute super.

Will the Theme run under the newest Hub Firmware? - If you want i can test ist :wink:

Regards

Gerd

I’m really not interested in Latest or Newest Firmware.

It will probably get broken in the next Firmware Release anyways … :wink:

I can’t believe you bet me to the punch!!!:smileyvery-happy:

A couple of things though.  Yes it will work for the current FW.

*SMP is limited to the size of the theme.  You only have 30MB total for the theme and moviesheets, if you theme is 30MB you have no room left for moviesheets.  So moviesheets on the SMP are not pratical.

*HUB, the limit is what ever you currently have (just delete the old moviesheets) plus what ever space you have left on the internal drive.

A couple of other notes.  With this method you can have moviesheets for folders.  This also works for files on a NAS or a attached drive.

Guys, what is this linksheet method?

i am totally lost…

any procedures to follow? :cry:

@firetix

Read this thread here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/td-p/499030

It’s not really “linksheet” but the method works similar to it.

Hi Tinwarble,

what do you mean with moviesheets for folders? - see the last CoCo (Linksheet) pic,  how can i set an 

widescreen-pic for an Folder :dizzy_face:

Regards

Gerd 

First, why are you posting here with there being a thread for CoCo?

Second, I’ll explain everything  when I launch CoCo (Linksheet).

AN EXPLANATION OF HOW THIS WORKS  

(aka REPEATING INFORMATION OF THE PROCEDURE WHICH WAS MADE AVAILABLE IN THE LINK TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS THREAD)

SHEETS FOR FILES:  Rename the Moviesheet with a File Extension that matches your Movie File.

eg.

If you have… Watchmen.mkv   then Rename your Moviesheet to Watchmen.mkv   then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

SHEETS FOR FOLDERS:  Rename the Moviesheet with NO File Extension

eg.

If you have… MYMOVIES folder  then Rename your Moviesheet to MYMOVIES   then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

The File Path to Place Moviesheets is the Root of your Theme folder (ie. where all the XML files are)

.wd_tv\theme\My Theme

Pretty simple.

2 Likes

@Joey,

thanks a lot.

Gerd

Thanks joey all is clear now ! :slight_smile:

seems like an aweful lot of work. renaming everything you generate then moving things to 2 different locations, making the theme folder a mess.

Nope.  Batch renamer can take care of your renaming, takes a few minutes to do or if you only use one file type a simple bat file can do the same thing.

I don’t know what you mean by moving things to 2 different folders.  If you’re refering to generating the sheets to your PC then moving them to the theme folder, you should be able to generate them straight to the theme folder on the HUB.  What is being discussed in the other thread is for the SMP, which is different.

As making the theme folder a mess, that’s where “Group by” in Windows comes in handy.  Keeps everything nice and neat.

The major issue is, at least with what Joey’s doing is getting rid of the from xml’s.  But that’s easily accomplished with Notepad++.  My theme doesn’t use xmls so all you have to do there is delete them.

It all sounds complicated, but really it’s not.

Sounds good. Although it will be painful to go through it all, I look forward to trying it.

If I can get rid of the WDTV Drive and Connected drives blank icons with it it would be great, but it looks like folders only. Wish there was a fix for this.

If all sheets go on the Hub it will get rid of the other annoyance to me of it having to re-cache all shared drives every time you use them.

Plus if we are back to PNGs they look a lot nicer…

Someone give us a Beta to play with ASAP :slight_smile:

wdtvhub wrote:

If I can get rid of the WDTV Drive and Connected drives blank icons with it it would be great, but it looks like folders only. Wish there was a fix for this.

You can.  You can use a sheet for anything with a name.

1 Like

Hi all, this find by KAD79 looks really quite promising- (just a shame it doesn’t look favourable for SMP users)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/td…

Well done KAD79 and thanks to Joey and TW for investigating further.

Having carefully read the above link, I’ve just a couple of QQ’s-

1. I understand that the xml needs to be deleted 
2 Fast 2 Furious

however, does this line within the movie.xml also require deleting-
2 Fast 2 Furious

if so, how is the movie name then displayed or is this part of the generated moviesheet? 

1. Also, just out of interest- Joey please could you post the moviesheet image that was used to generate the views on your first post?

Thanks and I look forward to seeing further developments- ‘just out of pure curiosity though!’ :wink:

Nope.  Batch renamer can take care of your renaming, takes a few minutes to do or if you only use one file type a simple bat file can do the same thing.

Agree: Batch Programs are Great, Fast & Efficiant

As making the theme folder a mess, that’s where “Group by” in Windows comes in handy.  Keeps everything nice and neat.

Agree: Sort by “File Type” in “Windows” works Wonders :wink:

The major issue is, at least with what Joey’s doing is getting rid of the <title> from xml’s.  But that’s easily accomplished with Notepad++.  My theme doesn’t use xmls so all you have to do there is delete them.

Disagree: I’m using Textrep which can "Recursivley Scan an Entire Folder full of XML’s and Batch Replace single and multiple instances of a tag .  eg replace <title> with <remtitle>  

Textrep can also Batch replace “Blocks” of lines / code as well.

For the “Video Demo” batch Replacing <title> XML code took about 1.2 Seconds.

http://www.download25.com/install/free-text-blocks-replacer.html

It all sounds complicated, but really it’s not.

Agree: It’s Not complicated, it can be a little time consuming … but you only get out what you put in.

ie. Putting in some “Effort” you will be Rewarded … Moaning about it, get’s you nowhere. 

Theme’s,Moviesheets etc.  take time and effort to create … which is why i suspect not too many people do it.

@ architectonic

<originaltitle>   is Not / Never  recognised by the Live Hub … so it’s (and always has been) redundant.

Yep, the “Test”  (Designed with “TViXie” Template Editor)  is Low Res and “Scaled Up” in the Test Theme Video.

(Have to Tinker heaps more to find a good balance between Visual Quality and Navigation Speed)