WDTV Mini Folder Structure

Could someone please advise what I should call my folders on my external drive so that they display the correct items from the main menu in WDTV Mini.

I have them named as Video, Music and Photos to match the front screen but when I open upen up any of the the three main front screen folders I can seel all the folders.

For example if I open up Videos I can see the Videos, Music and Photos Folders inside even though only the videos will work.

Same applies to the Music folder.

Only the Photos folder seems to work correctly by only showing photo subfolders.

I have tride both firmware versions and neither seem to make a difference.

In fact the only folder that seems to work is the ‘file management’ folder.

There really doesnt seem to be any point in having folders called Video, Music and Photos when they dont seem to display there obvious content.

So far the only way I can seem to get this to work is to not have any music or films in any folders - which creates quite a messy external hard drive!!

Please advise how to select default folders that tie in with the folder structure of my USB drive.

Many thanks.

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en