SA8240 DVR and 1TB AV DVR Expander (eSATA)

Expander worked fine with my SA8240 DVR    Cox PHX. “upgraded”  the SA8240 two nights ago with “Passport Echo”.   Now the DVR Expander is not recognized.       HELP !!!     No support from Cox.

Skipperdoodle

Try divorcing it. Unplug the DVR, unplug the eSata, plug in the DVR. Allow it to fully boot, then go do the add again, however that works.

Thanks for the tip.    Tried it three times … still zilch !!!

I also surfed thru the WD Support site, couldn’t find any help there.    Maybe I’ll call WD.

Skipperdoodle

Skipperdoodle wrote:

Thanks for the tip.    Tried it three times … still zilch !!!

I also surfed thru the WD Support site, couldn’t find any help there.    Maybe I’ll call WD.

Skipperdoodle

Called WD and described symptoms.     Tech determined that the expander was at fault.    Advised me to exchange drive at Best Buy or WD would replace it if BB did not.    So … BB exchanged the drive with no hassel.     Connected the new drive ;  still was not recognized by the SA8240.   Called Cox.     Rep worked with me at length and advised that I exchange the 8240 for a 8300.     Went to my friendly local Cox store and got the 8300.     Hooked it up with the WD AV  1TB DVR Expander.     NO PROBLEMS … ALL SYSTEMS ARE UP AND RUNNING !!!

Conclusion: The WD AV expander is not compatible with the SA8240.     The Cox store clerk agreed.

Skipperdoodle

Well, I was going to say that it wasn’t compatible, but your first post said it worked before… But it’s good to know you got it work out, and both support folks were helpful…