Not playing anything!

I’ve just brought a WD TV, because my WD TV live works so well, but it does not play any files at all!

I see the orange circle spinning but nothing ever plays.

I’ve tried video files, SD & HD, mp4, mov, avi, divx, mpg, mkv…

audio files - mp3 & jpg photos - nothing works but they all play fine on my WD TV live!

any ideas on what to try?

I’ve just upgraded to the latest version of firmware.

all i can suggest (if you haven’t already tried)  … try a factory reset (it’s recommended to do so, after a firmware update)

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply

It’s playing stuff now!

strange as it was straight out of the box?

Good to hear :smiley:   can i assume you did the factory reset as i suggested, and now it’s working ?

Problem is still happening, it works for a few videos then stops.

I have to unplug the power to get it going again.

is this playback from an attached USB HDD or via Network / Media Shares ?

When you try to play a video and it stops are there any warning messages eg. Unsupported Format etc ?

Ive personally only had a problem with “some” mp4’s  (the majority of my videos are mkv & avi which seem to play ok)

Network - windows share.

I have got the “unsupported format” error, when I was FFWD at x32.

Once that happens I can’t play anything (any format) & need to pull the power.

I have also seen that on my gen1, but a reboot from the remote fixes that normally.

I’ve just downgraded the firmware, as the symptoms sound simliar to other posts.

Let you know how it goes

I have the same issue sometimes aswell: the WDTV doesn’t play anything anymore. Even file which I played a day before. I figured out it has something to do with it’s boot process: if I simply reboot it (shutdown - turn on) it fixes the problem.

firmware downgrade did not fix it.

It gets “stuck” playing an MP4

I can turn it off from the power button on the remote, & it keeps playing!

I can hear the sound of the movie, but with no light on the LED.

Only way to fix it is to pull the power cord.

I shouldn’t need to do this after watching every movie.

I can recreate the problem easily by pausing a playing movie.

" i have the same issue sometimes aswell: the WDTV doesn’t play anything anymore. Even file which I played a day before. I figured out it has something to do with it’s boot process: if I simply reboot it (shutdown - turn on) it fixes the problem."

Same problem i have been encountering as i have posted in my own thread. **bleep** to have to reboot often whenever the problem occurs :frowning: