WDTV causes NAS recycle bin size growing because each night the WDTV remove ".wd_tv" folders

Hi,

I’ve a WDTV connected to a Synology DS214play. In each shared folder the player has created the “.wd_tv” folder in which there’s the database file.

Well, each night this folder will be deleted (and recreated I think) and this cause it will constantly increase the recycle bin size if I do not empty it.

Please fix it

(eg. edit DB instead of deleting and recreating it)

Noisemaker wrote:

Please fix it

(eg. edit DB instead of deleting and recreating it)

The WD is not deleting and recreating the database file, nor is it removing the .wd_tv folder as your subject claims.

It’s only deleting JOURNAL files.

Fix it in the Synology by excluding the Journal files from your recycle bin.   

QNAP has this feature – I’d imagine Synology does, too (at least it should…)

I will search for that file filter.

Btw I the recycle bin, inside .wd_tv I found the database file (I don’t remind the extension…maybe cas2?) and not the files with “journal” in the name)

Noisemaker wrote:

Btw I the recycle bin, inside .wd_tv I found the database file (I don’t remind the extension…maybe cas2?) and not the files with “journal” in the name)

Unless you’ve actually cleared the media library or manually deleted it, I don’t know why the database file itself would be in there.  Certainly not with a quantity that’d be of any concern…

I don’t have any database files in my recycle bins on my QNAP…

You’re right, I found it very strange too.
I removed them today and yesterday, now I will see if tomorrow there’re these file again.