Wdtv slingplayer problems

Ok,  for anyone that has an ipad 2nd gen or ipad mini…

You can buy the ipad slingplayer app to circumvent the WD Live box remote cursor lag issues…

Here is my setup: WD Tv Live box in bedroom.

Slingbox in LR.

1. Start WD Live box and access Slingplayer app. After up and running…

2. Setup Slingplayer App on ipad with local service info…e.i.- cable service or satelite info for Channel Guide info.

3. On ipad (mini in my case)… start Slingplayer App.

4. In Slingplayer App–>Settings–>Launch Preference=Don’t Automatically connect. You will only have to set this         once.Exit.

5. Restart Slingplayer app on ipad.

6. Choose Guide icon.

7. Use the guide feature to instantaneaously search your cable or satelite channel guide.  Then if you select what channel you want to view by double tapping on the ipad… a box will pop-up to say: Another authorized user is logged on do you want to disconnect them - Choose “NO”.

8. The app will send the channel info to the Slingplayer and change the channel to the your selection. Voila’.

This way you dont have to bother with the ridiculous cursor Up and cursor Down BS…

Hope this helps someone…

P.S.  - This wouldn’t be neccesary at all if Slingplayer hadn’t changed there ipad app.  In version 2.0 - you could use Apple Tv & the Slingplayer App and just use the Airplay feature to stream your channels!  You could run the app on ipad in the backround and even sleep with your smartcover and the app would continue to stream like other AirVideo apps do with minimal battery drain… then they changed it all in version 2.2 and tech support told me the app was only designed to work on the ipad not to “Airplay” onto larger HDTV’s…so FYI…  There was also a glitch with the ipad  v.2.0 app where when wanting to change channels to avoid the app freezing you would have to revert Airplay back to the ipad prior to switching channels. Then after channel change you could restream through Airplay…

Update:  I have now found out that if using Apple Tv and ipad app you need to use the Mirroring function(start before starting the app) for Airplay to work correctly. It will stream to your TV at the native aspect ratio of your TV and you can use the ipad as channel guide and remote simultaneously. Works well that way…but cannot sleep or turn off ipad display so I prefer the WDLive TV box (wired), and the previously mentioned work around for remote control and channel selection…so I can muti-task on Ipad…