Wdtv slingplayer problems

There is probably a setting on the directv box where you can change the video output type, usually 14:3 or 16:9, dunno if that would work for you but being as i’ve had hdtv and other widescreens for a while so i’m not sure, i would think hd widescreen content might have the black bar at the top and bottom, i guess it would depend on whether it is a hd or sd channel you’re watching too.

Anyone experiencing the timed out issue or being unable to connect to their slingbox?

Slingplayer on the site always connects, the pc app connects but on this wdtv app it’s hit and miss, however if i’ve tried to connect on wdtv and it stays on streaming then timed out, then if i go on the pc version it says that wdtv is already connected to it even tho i didn’t get an actual stream.  I’ve tried login to the site and logout, likewise with the pc version so nothing is logged in, wdtv still is hit and miss whether it connecfs, i’ve tried a reset, system restart, unplugging the power, just dunno what the problem is.