Wdtv slingplayer problems

I think that it’s great that the slingplayer app has been added to devices like the wdtv but i still think there’s alot of issues they need to fix with it.

For hours i can be on the basic setting without the noise, sometimes there is the horrible noise, sometimes there is no audio at all.  It can be a bit hit and miss with the audio problems.  There can sometimes be the problem of no audio or video being received on a quality setting.  On occassion it says streaming then times out, i know its not the upload from the slingbox as i get well over 3000kbps if i want, i know it’s not my connection either, works great on the website and the pc app but seems more unstable on the wdtv app.

If you get connected and streaming perfectly button presses is usually 3secs, if the connection with the wdtv app gets glitchy and freezes then the response time is unbelievably long.  I think this is to do with the buffer that is set on the app, if your streaming and hit red it will show connection stats, at the top it shows it has a setting of 3secs and under that is 0 UNLESS there is a freeze in which case there is a buffered amount and the response time **bleep**.  The buffer does mean you continue watching from the moment it freezes but its more trouble than its worth!!  It shouldn’t be freezing up like that anyway!! never does on my laptop.

Btw when you do get a connection and it hasn’t froze yet and you need to do alot of button presses like down down ok, just press them and it will take those commands, better than waiting for each response.  It’s a pitty theres no option to customise the buttons for this app aswell as some buttons don’t seem to have a function anyway within the app, i’ve read that some people have programmed a universal remote to work with the wdtv but i’ve never used one.