Wd tv message pop ups every 10 sec

hi for some reason my wd tv live keeps saying to my that it has found an external wireless adapter and that it gonna use it to connect to the network. And if i do not want it i have to remove it… ?

it pops up every 10 sec i cant to a **bleep** when i press ok when it pops up it takes me to the network settings but after 5 sec it kick me out so i cant even set up a wireless network… tryed to flash new firmware again and soft/hard resert

tryed to connect with kabel to network but still the message pops up.

have no clue what to do.

the wdtv is 2 days old started it and tested it and it worked upgrade the new firmware that he found and after that it started to be weird

Which model number do you have?  All of the current WD players have built-in WiFi and has no support at all for “external” adapters.

Can you post a screenshot or two of what you’re seeing?

well it said something about

“an external wireless adapter have been found”

The WD TV  will use the wireless adapter to connect to the wireless network.

If u dont want to use the adapter remove it from the WD TV…

then i can press “ok” button and it takes me to network setup.

and if i try to setup a wireless network and or seach for it it kick my out there i was when it poped up…

keep doing this every 10 sec.

even when i started it up and when i reflash firmware and soft resert it keeps poping up… in the middle of installion

And i also notice that the wd tv went VERY VERY HOT. but now with the older firmware its alot cooler…

Anyway i rolled back the firmware to 1,06,04 and then upgrade it to 2.01.86 and it now seams to work again…

so i think it was the 2.02.32 firmware that didt it so its a shame that it even went live…

EDIT: model number: WDBGXT0000NBK