Video access

I am setting up my new WD TV Live.  It is appearing properly on my Windows 7 wireless network.   When I go to Home-Videos-Select Content Source-network share-Windows Shares-computer name-options-add to media library- I get this message “unable to add this folder.  The selected source is configured as read-only which prevents the WD TV from saving the media library.” 

I can’t open the source folder although it is visible in the list view.

The sharing/ advanced sharing and permissions on the source folder (and subfolders) are set to read/write (sharing) and change/read (advanced sharing.)  Which Sharing should I use?  Does using both share options cause problems?

thank you

Hello,

Go through the settings and make sure that you have the file and printer sharing on  and public folder sharing on. Just to make sure check the read and write permissions again.

1 Like

In the user manual, Share A Folder on Your Computer-Windows 7-Change Settings to Allow Folder Sharing-Change Advanced Sharing Settings, it mentions “Media Streaming is Off.”  Why have this turned off?

Under Share a Folder-Advanced Sharing, after you select users and set their permissions, should you select Apply and then OK, or just OK to close the window?

Progress is being made!

thank you

Can the Advanced Sharing be applied to a folder or just subfolders?  I have a folder, such as Family Vacations, with many separate video files (VIDEO_TS.BUP, .IFO, .VOB  , MP4, etc.) contained within it. 

Does Sharing affect the supported video formats?  How does Network File and Folder Sharing differ from Advanced Sharing?

thank you