Newb question wdt live SMP

does this new player have wall mode?

can i insert my own music in each folder for it to be played automatically upon browsing?

look around for different theme’s there’s a couple that have views similiar

as for the music that sounds like possibly a mod from the Moviesheets+ plugin

no the device does not have Moviesheets+ functionality

Moviesheets+ was a massive 3000+ line js script that only runs on older devices with wdlxtv firmware

Wait, i didn’t know wdtv live SMP does not natively support wall mode, where it works with the auto scraping? that s.ucks was about to buy the WDTV Live SMP for that purpose.

and then there’s no longer theme support accorrding to Devious.

Devious would be incorrect.  (Whoever that is.)

The WDTV SMP has a built-in Gallery view which does what you’re asking, but the photo you provided has nothing to do with the WDTV, it’s something different.

thanks but upload a screen shot? I’ve googled for pictures of it but can’t find it and I would like to just see what it looks like and finally if it is able to scrape from themoviedb and thetvdb in this ‘gallery view’ you speak of.

as for the term “wall mode” and the photo I posted, it is to illustrate my point if the WDTV SMP natively has a view/browse mode that shows rows of movies like when you browse Netflix. A continous line after line of movie covers. When you hover over one, a nice tall section to the right describes the movie. all this without having to d/l and mess with custom made themes.

here are a couple of similar photos, the first phot is of Netflix, the second photo is found on another page her at WD. They show the video covers on the left and the video info on the right.

netflix.jpg

It looks something like this:

This is an old screenshot; the red box now shows the TITLE, not the file name, if you’re using the Media LIbrary function.

thanks! 

can you browse in a local usb drive connected to the wdtv smp and then change the view so that the covers are aligned in rows and columns on the left side of the screen and the movie/tv info is a column on the right side of the screen and take a picture of it too?

That’s what themes are for.

Does the WDTV SMP scraping automatically work on those themes’ moviesheets? or do I have to manually create the moviesheets?

The WD last I checked will do folder thumbs even season thumbs along with episode snapshots. Backdrops if I recall correctly are a theme with thumbgen thing. They use the photo viewer settings. It’s all kind of fuzzy though as I have apps that auto grab content for me and provide the metadata along with all the art should I need it. I imagine is WD updates the device or the hub they might go down the xbmc route a little more than they have and maybe offer a way to offload it onto a an sd or msd card and make it a little more robust.