Network shares

Hi all,

A bit stuck…so I finally managed to connect my nas drive to my we tv live via network shares however when I try to get into the folder it says there is no files or folders even though when it’s in media shares it shows all my files…
Any ideas?

Hello,

Make sure that the folders are properlly shared.

Yeh I’ve shared them on my pc but they still don’t show up…no idea

The NAS you have setup, it has it’s hard drives formatted and is sharing a folder on the drive?  It has a user account that has access to a folder on that drive?  It is part of the same workgroup as your home computer?

Login to your NAS and make sure it is sharing a folder and there is an account created that your WD box will have access too.

On the WD TV Live, under Video, hit the Red button, select Network Share and chose Windows Shares and select your NAS.  My NAS has the ability to have a Windows Share…most competent NAS’ have the ability to create accounts and have Windows Shares.

thishas to be the biggest pain ever…yeh i’ve tried sharing my folders but still no luck doesnt appear on the network shares.

i created a new account on the nas and shared it but the WD doesnt want to see it

Hi,

I’m using a Synology NAS and with the previous firmware, I could connect all my shares without any issue.

After the upgrade, I could not even see the shares, only the NAS is shown.  i’ve reset my WD TV Live, updated all my accounts, and now I could see them but th WD keeps on telling me that my files were deleted from my locations.

Any help ?