Hulu+ and bbc i player

Hi all new to the forums, I’m sure its already been discussed but I was pleasantly surprised to now have BBC player,hulu and Netflix u.s now all working nicely in the u.k without any switching between DNS/location etc.
I just set up automatically added BBC to favourites I then switched to DNS settings for u.s (I use unotelly) reset location and hulu and Netflix u.s apps are active what surprised me is BBC I player still working with the alternative dns.
Setting up hulu account was a bit more complicated involving u.s based virtual credit card etc but its been up and running on my SMP for 4 months now without problems. So I’d be happy to point any UK users in the right direction if they want any help setting up hulu account. Hope this helps out somebody. Tony.

Helle tony,

Thanks for sharing. I sure this should help a lot of users.

I’m trying to do this as well though I’m unclear on how to “reset location” . Exactly which menu under setup can this be found under?. I was advised by unotelly support to perform a factory reset - wouldn’t this clear my favourites as well?

I’ve got hulu working and only need to get iPlayer now. Any help much appreciated!

Hi to change location its
Set up-system-set time & country
Set up your DNS setting before doing this and add hulu to your favourites first then pick Dublin,Edinburgh,London etc as your time zone then hit reset location should then warn you your apps may change or something like that accept and it should say united kingdom and i-player will be there add it to favourites and then you can switch location back to your settings.
Hope this helps I don’t believe reset is needed. Do a restart after doing this is OK. Tony

Edit this may not work in reverse from us to UK as according to unblock us wdtv sold in us may be different I think its a DRM chip issue a bit like the hub in the UK can’t get Netflix as its a physical limitation.

Thanks… Found it. I bought mine from amazon so should be effectively a us version. I’m using it in Singapore though. Will try the reset location option, failing which I’ll go with a reset and hope the favourites don’t get wiped.