Folders

Hy

Wether I use network shares or media library

I always see everything in the movie, picture and music sections of the WD Live.

How do I set it up so I only see my movies in the movie section and only my music in the music section?

My only guess is that you don’t have the media library working correctly, as that is the whole point of the media library.

It depends on how you set up the media server, for example in Twonky I use separate folders for each media type:

I share 4 folders with my network. All 4 show up in the wd live.

3 folders are the music/movie/picture folders and 1 is a new download folder.

I only see options to add folders in the media library, but I don’t get to choose wether theyre pictures/movies or music…

so how do I do set it up then?

As far as I know the only way to do it is store the three different media types (video, music, pics) in separate folders on the server side, if your folders contain a mix of media types the WDTV will list all of them in the video, music and photos menus.

denhans08 wrote:

I only see options to add folders in the media library, but I don’t get to choose wether theyre pictures/movies or music…

You don’t NEED tell it what the contents are.  If there’s Photos in the folders, it will show the folders in that section.

If there are Movies in there, it will show them under Movies.

Likewise, folder paths that do NOT contain video files will not be visible while browsing Videos.

thats the werid thing

I have these folders shared:

movies

series

music

pictures

new stuff

I could understand the new stuff folder as it contains both video and music files (although no pictures)

But the other folders only have there respective extensions in it…

I do have other folders iunderneath the movie one

movies - 

- kids

- movie 1

- new

- movie 1

- for me

-  movie 1

Have you changed your Content Source (via the Red Button) to My Media Library?

No, but after this post I tryed it.

After a long compiling time I get the same thing…

BUT in the movie folders are JPEGS now since I use metadata and it downloads backdrops…

denhans08 wrote:

BUT in the movie folders are JPEGS now since I use metadata and it downloads backdrops…

That’s correct, but the backdrops are in hidden folders, so they won’t appear when viewing Photos.