Flies not in movie browser

I added new folder and files via FTP to my WDTVLive a few days ago. The files or folders don’t show up in the movie browser. There’s nothing strange with the files, just normal mov files. When I add an empty folder to another direcotry, they don’t show up either. The files are stored on an external USB harddrive

Strangly the files and folders do show up in the file browser and are playable. So this is kind of a workaround. But in the file browser I can’t see additional information like if I have already played the file.

I tried a reboot and a hard reset, but nothing seems to work. Any help?

about:

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

firmware: 2.02.32

You’re in the Wrong Forum … this is the WDTV Media Player Forum (2014 device), not the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player

I’ve notified a Moderator to move your post

homealone wrote:

I added new folder and files via FTP to my WDTVLive a few days ago.  

That’s interesting, considering the WD TV doesn’t support FTP — so exactly what did you do?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

That’s interesting, considering the WD TV doesn’t support FTP — so exactly what did you do?

Could be using “Custom Firmware” which does support FTP

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=8707&start=0

v 0.0.2
* Secured telnet with login prompt
* add FTP

Says he’s running 2.02.32, which is stock.   :slight_smile:

Excuse me… I moved files not via FTP but via SMB.

Still: the outcome is the same. There are files. Filebrowser can see them, movie browser not

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Says he’s running 2.02.32, which is stock.   :slight_smile:

thought he may have truncated  2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4

back on topic …

homealone… have you tried other files ? eg. avi  mkv  mp4  etc

or maybe even try ejecting the usb (bottom left button on remote) and change usb input (front or back)

or even try changing the content source and then back to the usb hdd eg. press the Red button on the remote