Firmware v2.02.32.08 issues / problems

Hi all, just updated my unit with the l / test firmware (v2.02.32 08/2014) and am experiencing issues.

• It freezes and needs to be unplugged & replugged. 
  • I repeatedly get “Low memory” issues and need to reboot, and 
  • it is unresponsive to remote control. Sometimes it buffers the buttons pressed and eventually goes through the sequence of buttons pressed in frustration over the previous 10-15 seconds.

Anyone else having this before I go through an attempted downgrade process?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yeah I also get the low memory issues usually as soon as I start the machine up , I have not even run anything on it and get low memory notice…

1 Like

i hope these bugs get fixed soon it the first time my player been down like this 

I was also have the same issue with the v2.02.32 firmware. It looks like a memory leak to me, and created a service request. Just having the player plugged in and running will cause it to hang in a day or so. Until the problem is fixed, I found a WD site that has older version of the firmware so you can roll back. I have put v2.01.86 on my player and no more issues.

1 Like

daveOTlinux wrote:
I was also have the same issue with the v2.02.32 firmware. It looks like a memory leak to me, and created a service request. Just having the player plugged in and running will cause it to hang in a day or so. Until the problem is fixed, I found a WD site that has older version of the firmware so you can roll back. I have put v2.01.86 on my player and no more issues.

Do us a favor.  I know people here made service requests 6 or 7 weeks ago, but I don’t think anyone’s heard back on ANY of them (or if they have they haven’t posted about it). If you DO actually get any real information from them (particularly an actual promise they’re working on new firmware and are actualy willing to TELL you that), then please come back here and let us know.

It seems hopeless in that whoever at WD looks at these boards doesn’t have the [Deleted] to go to a product manager or someone higher up, or if they have, that person doesn’t have the [Deleted] to actually push on their firmware development/testing groups and tell them they stand to lose the loyalty of a lot of users because they’re dead quiet about whether or not they’re actually fixing any of this.  The corporate culture there must be a bit screwed up if the support department is in total isolation from the developers.

1 Like

WileyCoyote wrote:> The corporate culture there must be a bit screwed up if the support department is in total isolation from the developers.> * * *

Wouldn’t be surprised, since wd is primarily an hd maker afterall.