Codec update

Help,

I got a codec update from the wd website and installed on my wd tv live.  Thought i was doing it right, now it wont let me reset it back.  Keeps telling me it doesn’t like the upgrade.  How do i reset the box to get it off.  just a note my remote is broke and i was using my cell phone.  now that doesnt act like a remote anymore

You mean “Firmware Update” … there is reset hole right side underneath (use a paperclip press and hold for 1 second (or 2) … if you hold it longer than that (10 Seconds) it will switch your device from Ntsc to Pal or vice versa which you don’t to do)

I did try the reset button, and that didnt work.  Everytime it restarts i get the same message about how it doesnt like the update.  attached is a screen shot of the wd website upgrade i loaded

Ooops – you installed the GPL Code?   Did you not see the numerous warnings?

If you did do a GPL Firmware Update then you’ve now lost Netflix (and other various Online Services on your device)  :cry:

and no, a firmware rollback will not get them back (as per the Warning Message)

Not really to worried about netflix, i was using to get videos from my computer to tv.  I havent fully installed the firmware, it wants me to press ok but i cannot because my remote is broken.  Is there a universal remote that my control this unit.

another question.  why the **bleep** would wd put that firmware upgrade on their website if they dont like it.

hemoon wrote:

another question.  why the **bleep** would wd put that firmware upgrade on their website if they dont like it.

They’re required to by the GPL – which is all explained in those files.