Anyone still remember 1.16?

So I upgraded from 1.14 to 1.16 a few weeks ago, and suddenly this problem started.

I have 2 pc’s acting as servers, as well as 2 WD Mybook Live drives acting as servers.

Ever since the upgrade, whenever I do a “clear media library”, I have a problem with one of the pc’s.  The other pc and WD drives are fine.

The problem is, after doing the “clear media library”, when  I go to one of the folders on the pc, I can see the files listed, along with the file details, size etc, but when I click on one of the files, it says “content not found”.

I don’t understand this, because obviously it sees the files, it just won’t play them.

Then if I turn it off for about 6-8 hours, then turn it on, then it works.

I’ve done this a few times now, always the same results.  What the heck is going on?

Anybody have any clue?

Hello,

Have you tried to reset the unit and see if the issue persists? I would also like to know if you have you WD TV unit connected wired or wirelessly to your network.

Thanks Armak,

I did a reset before and after I did the upgrade.  I am connected wired.

The more I think about it, the more I think the MBL doesn’t like the pc I’m having the problem with.

The reason I’m often doing the “clear media library” is because the rescan does nothing on that pc.  When I first got the MBL, the rescan worked fine, but as time went on, it worked less and less, until today it does nothing unless I first do a “clear media library”, and even then it often does nothing.  This was true even at 1.14.

The odd thing is, I see the .wd_tv folder is created, so obviously it’s not a permissions issue.  And like I said, I can see the files in the list, but I can’t play them.  I can play them if I get out of media library mode and just use shared folders.

The other pc and the 2 MyBookLive have no problems, the rescan works fine, and media library works fine

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks…

So I guess no one has any ideas as to what could be causing this??

I’ve gone over and over the shares for the pc, to make sure everything is correct, but the simple fact that the SMP can create the .wd_tv folder and put files in there should mean it has the permissions it needs.

I really don’t understand why it can see the files and list them, but can’t play them, until 6 hours later.  What’s it doing in the meantime?  Is there any way to know?

And why the rescan doesn’t seem to have any effect on this one pc?