All of a sudden i can't access my SMP from my computer

What you are showing there implies your ‘drive’ is not connected to the USB input. So you are absolutely sure and by the remote you are playing files off the drive?

Two things to try:

1. You reminded me I had disconnected my USB drive, I plugged it back in and did not see it on the network either. It took two tries but a complete recycle brought the drive icon back under computer: With the usb already plugged in make sure everything is off from elecric including no power in the HDMI. Slowly bring it all back on starting with the router to the WDTV then appliances like the TV … ,

I had some problews with getting the player to work again perhaps caused by stupidly having plugged the drive into the USB slot when on. It was numerous power on/off reboots of the WDTV  and after getting the player working on the TV again gretting the network explorer consistent:  refreshing network through ipconfig  and the upnp players and then eventually #2 … helped out

1. in Windows 8 in that network view add via netwok/add devices the WDTV. That might be all you need. It helped me despiye getting error messages.

WHEW!